2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
First bake for the holiday.

View attachment 50023

Beautiful:yum:. I too will be making a pecan pie for the holiday. I guess I'd better get cracking all those pecan shells, and toasting the pecans.:).

I hope mine looks as good as yours does. Have you ever used maple syrup instead of golden, or corn syrup in your pie? It's really yummy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Beautiful:yum:. I too will be making a pecan pie for the holiday. I guess I'd better get cracking all those pecan shells, and toasting the pecans.:).

I hope mine looks as good as yours does. Have you ever used maple syrup instead of golden, or corn syrup in your pie? It's really yummy.

Never used maple syrup but I have made a chocolate pecan pie once. I prefer the original.

Whole wheat bread with a cup of butternut squash, cut for sandwiches and then 8 cups for stuffing and dressing, baked to crisp.
Oatmeal raisin pear sauce banana, squash cinnamon, cookies, for snacking between meals and for a take a long snack in the car.

Made my pecan pie. I believe the oven runs a little hot. I even used a crust edge reflector to try and not overbrown the crust. So, Andy, I believe yours looks more appetizing.

My connection was interrupted as I was loading the pie pictures. Here they are again.

Attachments

• 20211124_052723.jpg
    20211124_052723.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211124_052647.jpg
    20211124_052647.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 28
Chief they still look delish!

That looks like the top element has a hot spot!

LOL they also look like they should be on a slowly rotating disc as they cook. They have rotisseries and Convection fans, wonder if someone could create a turn table for the oven.

I'd buy one! (priced right :rolleyes:)

Wellllll my Apple pie is in the oven butttt after I put it in I remembered I only put sugar and spice mixture in the middle of pie over half the apples. ? I forgot to put the other half on top before putting top crust on. Yikes. Soooo I took it out and sprinkled some of the mixture on top of the crust. I hope it turns out good and doesn’t burn. I only eat the apple pie usually.

Well it can’t be as bad as the year I was in a rush and asked DD to get out and measure the spices and add to pumpkin pie filling. She did it and when the pies came out they smelled strange. One taste and I asked to see which spices she added. She took the bottles out - ginger, cloves and cumin.

Once upon a time, a dear friend of mine mixed up the spices for her apple pie. She used Chili Powder instead of Cinnamon. Before she figured out the error, DH had a piece. When asked how he liked it he said, it is different, but I like it. Wise man!

When I'm making a recipe I constantly look back over the ingredients and instructions to make sure I didn't forget something.

msmofet: If I forget something in my apple pie today, It'll be because you jinxed me!

Back
Top Bottom