2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I'm making a recipe I constantly look back over the ingredients and instructions to make sure I didn't forget something.

msmofet: If I forget something in my apple pie today, It'll be because you jinxed me!

Well it looks good and didn’t run over as much as usual. So if it’s not as sweet it should be better for us. No? If I was Julia she would say that’s how she meant it to be.

Picture to come later as soon as I download it.

Apple Pie

apple_pie_112421_IMG_8938.jpg

Wellllll my Apple pie is in the oven butttt after I put it in I remembered I only put sugar and spice mixture in the middle of pie over half the apples. [emoji26] I forgot to put the other half on top before putting top crust on. Yikes. Soooo I took it out and sprinkled some of the mixture on top of the crust. I hope it turns out good and doesn’t burn. I only eat the apple pie usually.

Well it can’t be as bad as the year I was in a rush and asked DD to get out and measure the spices and add to pumpkin pie filling. She did it and when the pies came out they smelled strange. One taste and I asked to see which spices she added. She took the bottles out - ginger, cloves and cumin.
Your pie looks fine, msm. Don't tell anyone that there is less sugar than usual - you all might find out that you prefer it that way. I've used less sugar for apple pie than called for for years because no recipe knows how sweet your apples are to begin with. Instead, I sample one small slice from each apple to judge the need for sugar. Enjoy! It's lovely.

Thank you everyone.

I only use tart Granny Smith apples for pie.

I'm in the middle of making a 6" cheesecake for two using only one block of cheese. :chef: There is only me to eat all my recipes so I have to modify most recipes to make them for one or two people. :chef:

I just finished 'baking' a potato in my Instant Pot. :yum:

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of making a 6" cheesecake for two using only one block of cheese. :chef: There is only me to eat all my recipes so I have to modify most recipes to make them for one or two people. :chef:

I just finished 'baking' a potato in my Instant Pot. :yum:

Why don't just say that you cooked a potato in your Instant Pot? You obviously didn't bake it.

Why don't just say that you cooked a potato in your Instant Pot? You obviously didn't bake it.

If the potato was cooked in the instaPot, without water, or wrapped in foil, it sa still cooked in dry heat, aka baked. Don't know how she cooked it though, so i don't know if the potato was baked.;)

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

A crustless 'pumpkin' pie made with a carnival squash, mini pumpkin, and acorn squash, and I added diced apple. After it cooked for 30 minutes I topped it with an oatmeal and pear sauce topping, with large grain sugar for crunch.

If the potato was cooked in the instaPot, without water, or wrapped in foil, it sa still cooked in dry heat, aka baked. Don't know how she cooked it though, so i don't know if the potato was baked.;)

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

How would that work? Doesn't an Instant Pot require water to build up pressure? But previously, AllRicksStuff has mentioned baking a potato in the Instant Pot.

I just baked another potato in my mini IP. I peeled it, rinsed it, cut it into 4 pieces, put it in its own bowl and steamed it on high for 22 minutes.

This post: https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f174/instant-pot-baked-potatoes-105738.html#post1667688

Well, here's the pictures of the pies. The small, thick one is my carrot pie. There are also traditional pumpkin, pecan, apple, and blueberry pies. My son roasted the turkey on the Traeger, with smoke. DIL is making her loved potato roll dinner rolls that everyone gushes over (spudnut doughnut recipe makes amazing dinner rolls, just roll out, cut unto rounds, dip in melted butter, fold in half, place in baking pan, let rise, bake, and yum!). Dressing still has to be made. Oops. Somehow I didn't get a picture of the pumpkin pie. Oh well. It looks great.

Attachments

• 20211125_111527.jpg
    20211125_111527.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211124_052647.jpg
    20211124_052647.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20211125_111511.jpg
    20211125_111511.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211125_111519.jpg
    20211125_111519.jpg