2021 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chocolate Macadamia Cookies With White Chocolate Chunks

choco_macadamia_white_chips_121521_IMG_9030.jpg

I took a picture of the Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookies to add to the recipe file because this was a first run.

I just happened to get a picture of the chocolate Macadamia cookies. All the others I have pictures of already. I will post a picture of a cookie tray next week.

I've got Audio's Banana Bread baking in the oven. She was a member several years back, and gave us some wonderful recipes. Here's her banana bread recipe:

Oh, I almost forgot. I didn't have any walnuts, ans so replaced them with chopped, toasted pecans.

Audio’s Banana Nut Bread

Best Banana Bread I've Ever Had!!!
I thought my recipe for banana-nut bread was great right up until this morning. The difference in texture and taste is incredible, and I will never make banana bread by any other recipe again!

The BEST Banana Bread

Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well. (The flour is really important for the bread to climb against while baking. I had not done that before, and it makes a huge difference!)

Combine and mix well the following dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside:
2 cups AP flour
1¾ cup sugar
1½ cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
1½ teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoon salt

In another medium bowl, coarsely smash 3 ripe bananas (use a large spoon or spatula and don't puree the banana as it needs to be chunky)

To the bananas, add and combine: (but try not to reduce the banana chunks)

2 large eggs, beaten
6 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup buttermilk or plain yogurt

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently FOLD until the flour is thoroughly moistened and no longer visible. Pour into the prepared bread pan and spread the mixture evenly across the top.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree (F) oven for 45-50 minutes.

Before, I had mixed my batter in my KitchenAid, the wet stuff first, then added the dry and mixed some more. Making banana bread with this method yields a hearty, beautiful loaf that is absolutely delicious.

I'll take pictures when it comes out of the oven, and loaf pan.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
But, there is cream in this pie...lots of cream! ;)

I use the Quadratini cookies for the crust. Super easy and taste great! I found the recipe in a magazine at PDX, years ago, while waiting for a friend to arrive. It is easy, travels well, and everyone loves it. Here's a link: https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/no-bake-chocolate-mousse-pie

Mahalo, thanks Ginny!
I think I'll make this for our Neighborhood New Year's Eve Get-Together!!!
Never heard of those cookies, had to google that one.

Mahalo, thanks Ginny!
I think I'll make this for our Neighborhood New Year's Eve Get-Together!!!
Never heard of those cookies, had to google that one.

Some markets carry them. Trader Joe's should have them. I find them at World Market/Cost Plus stores too. You could probably use another wafer type cookie, but these are not as sugary, so I like them.

I won't say a word to Mickey! ;)

What to do when a plan goes awry? My banana bread stuck to the bottom of the loaf pan, and came out in two messy halves. The spray can of pan release with flour was about out. I gambled that it would be enough. I should have buttered, and floured the loaf pan.

So, I'm making a banana bread trifle out of it.:chef: It still tastes great, and has a wonderful texture. I'll serve it like an English pudding, in bowls with whipped cream on top. I promised pictures. Be it as it is, here it is. Oh, did I mention that the flavor and texture are very good?

Attachments

• banana trifle.jpg
    banana trifle.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 28
I don't make banana bread anymore. I use the same recipe as I used to use to make banana bread and make banana muffins instead. They don't need to bake for nearly as long and there is no loaf to slice, making crumbs. My recipe for banana bread is very similar.

Last edited:
What to do when a plan goes awry? My banana bread stuck to the bottom of the loaf pan, and came out in two messy halves. The spray can of pan release with flour was about out. I gambled that it would be enough. I should have buttered, and floured the loaf pan.

So, I'm making a banana bread trifle out of it.:chef: It still tastes great, and has a wonderful texture. I'll serve it like an English pudding, in bowls with whipped cream on top. I promised pictures. Be it as it is, here it is. Oh, did I mention that the flavor and texture are very good?

Oh, dear, Chief! But trifle sounds like a great plan! Banana pudding or vanilla?

I make trifle a few times a year. I have fond memories of the very first trifle I learned to make and still make that one. I found the recipe in a magazine while on break from one of my early jobs. I copied that recipe down on a paper towel from the breakroom! I love to bring it to pot luck events that involve my Corgi friends. Very British, don't cha know? Like our doggies!

I may have to think about making one from Banana Bread. I have a favorite recipe for that too. It is similar to yours, but uses sour cream to keep it moist.

I had things stick twice, using that baking spray with the flour in it, so I threw it away! I'll never buy it again. Regular spray works fine in my NS bread pans, but for the pans that aren't NS, I butter them, and sometimes flour them, and never had a problem.

I had things stick twice, using that baking spray with the flour in it, so I threw it away! I'll never buy it again. Regular spray works fine in my NS bread pans, but for the pans that aren't NS, I butter them, and sometimes flour them, and never had a problem.
I have a Bundt pan with a beehive pattern in it. The first time I used it, I buttered and floured it and it stuck and came apart. I also saved it by turning it into a trifle, with strawberry yogurt and fresh berries. I've used the baking spray ever since with great results.

I don't think I've ever had a problem with Bakers Joy spray.

But, there is cream in this pie...lots of cream! ;)

I use the Quadratini cookies for the crust. Super easy and taste great! I found the recipe in a magazine at PDX, years ago, while waiting for a friend to arrive. It is easy, travels well, and everyone loves it. Here's a link: https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/no-bake-chocolate-mousse-pie

Oh, and I do recommend using chocolate chips over the one ounce square type things. Reason: they melt so much easier and quicker!

Back
Top Bottom