2022 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't been baking much, far too many other chores, no time for fun ;)

IMG_1510.jpg

FINALLY!
DH is so very happy! I made him his favorite Land O Lakes recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I said, "go for it dude! eat as much as you like, just save me four." (it made 3 1/2 dozen cookies)
:LOL:
It's a good thing that I just bought a fresh carton of whole Milk to go with these beauties :chef:

Mmm, yummy looking cookies. Actually I forgot. Made some oatmeal cookies from a mix. Bought the mix as I just wanted to make a small amount. Should have read the instructions but long story short(ish), did the whole bag. Pretty good, only baked one cookie sheet, rolled the rest up and froze. Now I can slice off 6 for the toaster oven in the evening when I get a craving.

Last edited:
Baked bread yesterday. Thought I had done this recipe before but don't remember these results. Must remember NOT to be so generous when buttering the bowls next time, almost self buttered bread! But delish!
Mixed in the larger bowl, baked in the 2 smaller bowls. I kept smaller one and larger is upstairs with son and DIL.
Truly a no-knead bread!20220505_075651.jpgJPEG_20220505_080903_4969050143023213193.jpg

Great looking baked goods, K-Girl and Dragn! I gotta get around to baking soon! DH has developed a real sweet tooth. Unusual for him, I think it is the pain meds doing.

Nice, beth, but it's even better seeing you here. I've been wondering about you guys with all of the wildfires out your way. I hope you guys are safe.

Hi CG! The wildfires I am closest too, currently the largest wildfire burning in the US, is about 30 miles away. Taos and Taos County is the staging area for evacuees and fire fighters. Lots of work to do here; feeding, and clothing people , livestock care. Mandatory evacuations occur daily for various parts of surrounding counties. The stories are heartbreaking. This is sparsely populated rural Hispanic farms. One woman who could not get her pig loaded, despite many folks helping, just painted her phone number on the pigs back and had to leave it. There is concern with this weekend's winds that Taos County will be the next area hit. My home and the town of Taos is on the high desert, not many trees around, so we should not be at risk for our homes burning. Thanks for asking.

DH's dad's birthday was Tuesday and we got here to Michigan late Wednesday. Yesterday, while they were out playing golf, I made his favorite birthday dessert - strawberry-rhubarb pie - using rhubarb from his own garden. It turned out pretty good.
20220519_155058.jpg

:LOL: S & P Love the Lime Cheesecake! was that a special order?
Do you have a hint for how to make that lime top? or is it actually in the cheese?

GG - Strawberry Rhubarb is one of my favourites, (and under the catelgory of "Never Hve I Made This")

Do you have a hint for how to make that lime top? or is it actually in the cheese?

GG - Strawberry Rhubarb is one of my favourites, (and under the catelgory of "Never Hve I Made This")
Mine also. I can't get rhubarb fresh or even frozen anymore. :(

[emoji38] S & P Love the Lime Cheesecake! was that a special order?

This is only the second time I've made it. I'm going to try to grow rhubarb this fall after the weather cools down and see how it does.

Baked blueberry pancakes, risen with yeast. Oil free baked on parchment. Mr bliss has been wanting these for days.

The flavor is in the batter, the top is colored sugar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom