2022 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Banana Muffins with vanilla glaze and Sprinkles

I used this recipe:

The BEST Banana Bread

Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well. (The flour is really important for the bread to “climb” against while baking. I had not done that before, and it makes a huge difference!)

Combine and mix well the following dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside:
2 cups AP flour
¾ cup sugar
½ cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt

In another medium bowl, coarsely smash 4 ripe bananas (I used a potato masher , but you can use a large spoon or spatula, and don’t puree – the banana needs to be chunky)

To the bananas, add and combine: (but try not to reduce the banana chunks)

2 large eggs, beaten
6 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup buttermilk or plain yogurt

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently FOLD until the flour is thoroughly moistened. Pour into the prepared bread pan and spread the mixture evenly across the top.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree (F) oven for 45-50 minutes.

The muffins came out moist, and full of banana flavor. I didn't have any plain yogurt, or butter milk. I substituted an equal amount of sour cream.
he sprinkles were my grandson's idea. I made a glaze of milk, powdered sugar, and unflavored gelatin. I dipped the muffin tops into the hot glaze, and my grandson put on the sprinkles. Of course I had to let him eat one. After all, He measured all of the ingredients, and mixed them together. He even spread the butter in the muffin pan, and portioned the batter for each muffin, all under my supervision. For a 7 year old, he did very well. Ya gotta love teaching new skills to grandkids.

Seereeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220609_150706.jpg
    20220609_150706.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220609_150646.jpg
    20220609_150646.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 29
Strawberry Rubarb Pie

39817-albums888-picture8929.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice, Joey! I bought some rhubarb a few weeks ago to make a pie. Still haven't made the crust. Good thing rhubarb keeps well!

I finally got around to using my new bread machine...after making too many batches of ice cream with THAT new machine (peach today, and was it :yum: ). Since I can't find the nice sandwich bread that we like with grilled cheese and BLTs, I have to make it myself. One loaf baked and bagged for tomorrow. Smells SO good!

I finally found fresh rhubarb at Stew Leonard’s. I bought 6 stalks and a pound of strawberries. I compote was so good! I went bag and bought twice as much rhubarb. Can someone please post a TNT for strawberry rhubarb pie and one for strawberry rhubarb cobbler. I know I can find them online but don’t really trust them. Don’t want to waste my money on bad recipes. I trust DC recipes.

Plus can I just cut and freeze raw rhubarb?

LOL - I rarely used fresh rhubarb on the farm. Was too busy during the season.

Cut into 1" pieces, bag as 2 or 4 cup measures and throw them in the freezer.

Use from frozen in baked goods.

Just planted some rhubarb here at my sons... can't wait to have some! Miss them and refuse to pay store prices.

I finally found fresh rhubarb at Stew Leonard’s. I bought 6 stalks and a pound of strawberries. I compote was so good! I went bag and bought twice as much rhubarb. Can someone please post a TNT for strawberry rhubarb pie and one for strawberry rhubarb cobbler. I know I can find them online but don’t really trust them. Don’t want to waste my money on bad recipes. I trust DC recipes.

My FIL prefers strawberry-rhubarb pie to cake for his birthday dessert, and I've made this one twice for him. He said it's as good as the one his wife made for decades before she became ill and had to move to a nursing facility.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/strawberry-rhubarb-pie/

I haven't made strawberry-rhubarb cobbler, but I would use the same filling and just top it with your favorite biscuits.

My FIL prefers strawberry-rhubarb pie to cake for his birthday dessert, and I've made this one twice for him. He said it's as good as the one his wife made for decades before she became ill and had to move to a nursing facility.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/strawberry-rhubarb-pie/

I haven't made strawberry-rhubarb cobbler, but I would use the same filling and just top it with your favorite biscuits.

Thank you for the link.

IMG_1804.jpg

Oh my gravy all over my rice (that's OMG! in my world :LOL:)
I saw this, oh I don't remember where, but I pinned it on my CMT account to try out sometime.
I made this batch up today to take with us to Bingo tonight.
At intermission, they have a dessert sale and all the monies are used to help out that Community that we go play Bingo at.
It's a donation of your dessert and I like helping them out, plus I get to try out more dessert recipes than our house really needs ;)

Oh yeah, these are Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups :chef:

Kgirl! Those are adorable!
1 or 2 bite? In cookie dough or pastry?

I have some.curd still in the freezer, might try that!

K-Girl, your cookies are wearing bustles! They look yummy.

Katie had posted a link to an Alton Brown recipe for blueberry buckle a couple of weeks ago. (https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/blueberry-buckle-recipe-2012987) While she listed it in the dessert thread, I'm pretty sure we'll be having some for breakfast, too. Right now, though, it's still untouched and cooling in the pan.

IMG_20220707_184738159_HDR.jpg

Yesterday, a double batch of whole wheat bread for hamburger bun shapes, and another double batch in large loaves to make into crumbs.

Mrs. Next Door Neighbor asked if she could pay me to bake a birthday cake for her Mister :huh: It'll be my gift to him.

I like to do projects like this in stages, so I started with making the filling

IMG_1902.jpg

Fresh Seedless Raspberry filling that is

IMG_1916.jpg

Three layered Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake. I forgot how simple this recipe is. I made some alterations for our high altitude.

His b-day is next Saturday, so I'll freeze these for now and make the frosting on the day of and assemble.

I need the recipe! Will be visiting back at the old farm (well, area).

Missed my girlfriends' dog's birthday... so maybe I can make up for it.

Here she is seeing her first chickens!
She had been taking lessons herding ducks and Man! she wanted to get out there and put them.... somewhere! LOL

oh dear, this was taken awhile ago... sorry, don't have the know how to turn it.

Attachments

• 20191226_144234.jpg
    20191226_144234.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 19
I need the recipe! Will be visiting back at the old farm (well, area).

Missed my girlfriends' dog's birthday... so maybe I can make up for it.

Here she is seeing her first chickens!
She had been taking lessons herding ducks and Man! she wanted to get out there and put them.... somewhere! LOL

oh dear, this was taken awhile ago... sorry, don't have the know how to turn it.

20191226_144234.jpg

There ya go dragn!
And boy howdy, does she look super ready!

Totally cute pup, dragn! I have to be honest, THIS cake is from a mix. I wanted the little bone shaped pan and it came with the cake mix...and frosting too. That said, I can pull out my doggie cook books and fine you one! I've a lot of tried and true recipe for "bones" and biscuits. I've not made a cake for them before, but I'm sure I have a recipe in a book or in my dog recipe file from friends that are as nuts as I am....LOL. Shall I take a look?

Back
Top Bottom