3/19/2019 - Last Day of Winter Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Last day of winter, at least for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere.

Getting ready for warmer weather, tonight's dinner was burgers on the grill with oven fries.

Veggie burger with homemade herbed focaccia and homemade chips. There are 6 different veges plus a couple of herbs, and 2 cheeses.

Attachments

• 2019-03-19 18.37.26.jpg
    2019-03-19 18.37.26.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 142
We're working on leftovers, but at least I made salads. Our "buffet" offers pork tenderloin with blackberries, bangers and mash, or black bean soup. First to the refrigerator is best fed! :LOL:

Dinner was pan fried thin, boneless rib eye steak and mac and cheese topped with toasted panko crumbs.

I've discovered making my own grilled chicken sandwiches like the ones from BK, Mc D's, and Wendy's. Grilled marinaded chicken breasts on buns with lettuce, mayo, tomato and sweet honey mustard. It's pretty tasty.

I'll go thumbs up with Last day of winter, and pretty nice day it was too.

We made our corned beef and cabbage today, with carrots and rutabaga. Mashed potatoes instead of boiled. Dx favorite sandwich is a Rueben, She's counting down the hours until tomorrow.

I marinaded some wing pieces (cut up wings) in a GARLIC marinade. Then off to the Weber gasser... which ran out of propane within about two minutes. :( Hey, that's why I keep a spare bottle. But, the valve on the spare bottle leaked when it was opened. :mad: I couldn't fix it, so plan B.

Out comes the charcoal, and fire up the trusty Weber Kettle.

I tossed some hickory on the coals, and cooked the wings with indirect heat, and put a little crispiness on them over direct heat at the end.

So, basically smoked wings.

They were excellent. :chef:

No sauce, just some celery and Ranch on the side.

CD

Attachments

• Wings3-19-001.jpg
    Wings3-19-001.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 89
We ordered Thai food. We shared a tom yum soup and chicken pad see yu. There were also imperial rolls, a few chicken wings for later, and a banana fritter for Stirling.

Last Night's Fish & Chips (Oven Fish, Air Fryer Chips)

I attempted Creamed Peas, but neglected to research.... sauce broke !!

Maybe cold peas into warm sauce did it ??
Warm Sauce over Warm Peas ...... I dunno !

Fish & Chips.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom