31 August, what's for Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Wow, last day of August....where did the summer go? Lou and I have Yankee tickets, last time to see them play in the house that Ruth built:(. Having a barbecue tonight..

Spinach dip with homemade pita chips
Marianne's potato salad
Pasta salad
Baked Beans
Grilled corn on the cob
Burgers and Franks

Peach pie for dessert (the kitchen smells like a peach orchard) and I'm going to make sangria in about 5 minutes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day...wouldn't it be nice if the Yankees actually win a game..:huh:

Enioy the Game VeraBlue...Go Yankees:) Your meal sounds wonderful.
We are having what Cade chose for Sunday. There is a choice of grilled pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon..or Grilled tri tip. Prosciutto and chicken filled ravioli with mushroom alfredo sauce, green beans with garlic and bacon..rolls, fruit salad, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers...Dessert is a Paula Deen ooooey gooey chocolate cake....Which Cade did most of the work on..

kadesma and Cade;)

Some of those teriyaki wings and some country ribs. Also corn on the cob and coleslaw.

By the teriyaki wing thread I have been inspired to make teriyaki bonless thigh tonight, I didn't have honey so I used brown sugar instead.....just can't decide on sides yet! But for dessert I am making a cinnamon streusel cake!

:angry::angry::angry:Go Yankees??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Anyway, today we are going to some of the local festivals. Like to hit the Greek festival today and go to the concert on the common this evening. Last night we went to the Brazilian festival. Lots of good things to eat!

having the family over for a cookout ... sooooooooo...
burgers and hot dogs ... grilled keilbasa for my little angel ..
baby back ribs .. smoked fatties .. baked(smoked) beans ..
my DWs wonderful tater salad . ..
other stuff that people show up with ...
and cheese cake ...

i better get busy...

Can already tell I'm not going to be too hungry today, so I've planned tilapia breaded in panko then browned, and romaine salad with homemade vinaigrette. Am about to bake some strawberry cake mix cookies with white chocolate chips and walnuts. They'll be for dessert.

I'm wanting to make some soup later in the week and it's much cheaper here for me to make my own chicken broth. So tonight I am going to use the chicken in some fajita's and sides of some mexican rice and green salad.

Labor Day Weekend Sales:w00t2:. Walked through the Macy*s mall to my fave store yesterday, & they are holding a dress I have to have. Ogled all the cute Fall fashions along the way. So... gonna go pick it up & probably grab some Bejing beef & dumplings at Panda Express, or a Philly Cheeseteak sub from Le Subway. (May make a stop at Williams-Sonoma along the way.) Tomorrow, will prob be grillin' & chillin' after cleaning out the closets etc.

We will be going to my dd and sils' today. They're having their annual Labor Day Cookout! It's got a "redneck" theme since my sil is from the south.
He's boiling hot dogs, corn and potatoes in a big pot over an open fire. Everyone is bringing a dish to share. I think he's also making burgers. There will be a pie eating contest, swimming, cornhole tournament, bobbing for pigs feet and who knows what else. lol He's a riot! I'm making stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon, veggie pizza and baked beans. See you all later.

Barb

We will be going to my dd and sils' today. They're having their annual Labor Day Cookout! It's got a "redneck" theme since my sil is from the south.
He's boiling hot dogs, corn and potatoes in a big pot over an open fire. Everyone is bringing a dish to share. I think he's also making burgers. There will be a pie eating contest, swimming, cornhole tournament, bobbing for pigs feet and who knows what else. lol He's a riot! I'm making stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon, veggie pizza and baked beans. See you all later.

Barb

Bobbing for pigs feet? Are they pickled...the pigs feet, not the hosts?
img_675491_0_85aabb3015459a6945209d5cbb34437f.gif
I gotta show this post to my kids who thing the I'M a little bit different. Welllll, they think I'm a LOT different. Have fun , Barb. We're going to look for flooring for the office.

BTW, your fridge pickles are almost gone. I'll bring back the quart jar when we're done so you can refill it.:LOL::LOL:

Joe

Can already tell I'm not going to be too hungry today, so I've planned tilapia breaded in panko then browned, and romaine salad with homemade vinaigrette. Am about to bake some strawberry cake mix cookies with white chocolate chips and walnuts. They'll be for dessert.

Shoot. I knew I forgot to put something on my list.... panko.
I did get tilapia though.

Hey, my neighbor just made some cornhole boards a month ago. I preferred washboard though.....

Yeah, bobbing for pig's feet? Blech

We went out for a late breakfast and we're going to play poker with friends tonight, so I think we'll just have BLTs around 6. I'm bringing a 7-layer Mexican dip and chips to the poker party.

probably an egg & baacon sammich. pacanis sent some eggs with barbara & james & they shared with us.:flowers:

I have flank steak marinating... but I sure don't feel like fixing it at the moment. Been sick all freakin weekend!

sending summer out. :(
Having a bonfire later, hopefully the wind dies down.
MIL brought ribs and a few salads, I'm making cheddar jalapeno corn muffings and some brownies.... oh and s'mores of course.
BEER!!!
MARTINIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
working weekends has its perks..... everyone else brings most of the food!!!
:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom