4-16-2014 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I have an abundance of fresh produce to use, so I think I'll build a big salad later this afternoon. Iceberg lettuce, romaine, arugula, celery, carrots, chopped hard cooked eggs, red onion, cucumber and who knows what else.

Maybe I'll throw on some chopped artichoke hearts or some garbanzo beans for good measure. Watermelon and strawberries on the side. :)

What's on everyone's menu for today? :chef:

I rescued some green chili from the deep freeze. I'll be making skillet corn bread to go with it.

Monthly potluck is tonight with the other neighbors. Trader Joes is providing my contribution; guacamole and hummus with tortilla chips. Haven't heard what anyone else is bringing. The email discussion was all about the starting time for dinner. Most of us will be attending a garden discussion on beneficial bugs at 7:00. I am very curious because I have seen almost no bugs here; good or bad.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Brrrr Again. I made a pot of lentil soup. With garlic,cumin, oregano and 1 dried thai chili pepper for spices. Carrots, onions, chopped cauliflower and diced potatoes. Baked apples, one with nuts, one without and vanilla ice cream for both.

It's just me and the yungun tonight. I made a Bisquik impossible hamburger pie but punched it up with a packet of Lipton Onion soup mix and garlic powder (like I put in my burgers). It's baking right now. We have chips and salads to go with it.

Made Rachel Ray's White Bean, Sausage and Kale Stew. I also added chopped onion, sauteing it before I added the garlic and sausage. At first I put in only two cans of beans, but I also got carried away with chopping kale. Himself said can 3 needed to go in. Good thing I have a well-stocked mini-convenience "store"...in my basement. :LOL:

Also, Mr. Wonderful picked up a box of hot cross buns when he went out earlier. Dessert! :yum:

I had to look up 'cebolla'. Spanish for onion! I learn something new every day here! :)

A big salad. I had strawberries (with fresh lime juice, black pepper) , fresh pineapple, orange segments, green onion, celery, avocado, romaine lettuce, tomato, and fresh French tarragon, tossed everything together with some greek yogurt and topped it with crushed raw almonds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom