4/23/2019 ~ Nat'nl Zucchini Bread Day ~ What'cha Cookin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I made banana nut bread yesterday. Not exactly zucchini, but good! :yum:

I have ham, beets, and crushed potatoes all roasting in the oven right now. When they are almost done I'll cook asparagus and heat Niblets corn. Proof of meal later. ;)

Hmm, I made banana nut bread yesterday. Not exactly zucchini, but good! :yum:

I have ham, beets, and crushed potatoes all roasting in the oven right now. When they are almost done I'll cook asparagus and heat Niblets corn. Proof of meal later. ;)

CG, did you see that article, I think it was on FB, about how Asparagus detoxifies ones Kidney and that it can help folks with certain Cancers?
I wish I could have posted that here on DC...

Looks good, med! :yum:

Not sure yet about dinner...but probably will involve roasted veggies, and ham that I pulled from the freezer to defrost the morning.

CG, did you see that article, I think it was on FB, about how Asparagus detoxifies ones Kidney...
Nope, but I do know that asparagus does a fine job of perfuming their output. [emoji38] I have RSS feeds from NPR and BBC on my email home page for news.

Dinner documentation:

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_202232906_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190423_202232906_HDR.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 126
I heated up a few leftover ribs, pulled the bones out, and put the meat on a bun. Sort of a homemade McRib sandwich.

CD

I wish I was making Zucchini Bread!
There's this bakery in Oro Valley AZ that makes
THE BEST Zucchini Bread and I have yet to
figure out their recipe... oh well.

DH made a request not too long ago for
Hot Dogs with Mac`N Cheese, so that's what's
going on our table tonight,
howz`bout you?

DSC01097.jpg

That
pointing up.jpg
was pretty dang good!

Last Night's Air Fryer Tilapia Fillet with an Orange Drizzle, Cut Green Beans and Carrots, Steamed and Buttered Baby Reds...

Tilapia Fillet, Air Fryer.jpg

Last edited:
We had breaded pork cutlets and pan gravy over wide noodles.. Steamed broccoli was the veggie..

Andy's Apple Squares for dessert.. Love that stuff.. :yum:

Ross

I had my book club meeting last night. The book was about a family in Africa, so I decided to go to an African restaurant and pick up a dish to share. I got a seasoned whole grilled fish with caramelized onions and sides of jollof rice (cooked with tomatoes, peppers, and curry powder) and fried plantains. It was delicious - spicy and very flavorful. I should have asked what kind of fish it was.
2019-04-24-09-31-45.jpg

Back
Top Bottom