5-20-2018 ~ What's cookin', good lookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm about to start tossing things around in the kitchen.

When I'm done we'll be enjoying roasted pork loin, mac and cheese, and roasted Brussels sprouts and apples. I might even put a salad together.

What are your supper plans today?

This will be my last SO-free dinner at home before she comes home. I having dinner with my big sister tomorrow.

I've had a craving for pizza so I grabbed a ball of dough from the freezer and made a batch of pizza sauce. I think it'll be pepperoni, purple onion and green bell pepper for toppings tonight.

After church this morning I had a 3 hour rehearsal for our Ireland concerts this summer. Then a quick trip to the grocery store on the way home so no cooking for me tonight. I picked up a take and bake pizza that we ate. I do have tomorrow's menu planned though. That's a start for me lately!

Tagine of lamb, preserved lemons, olives, onions, and various spices and herbs served over couscous.

Attachments

• 2018-05-20 18.34.28.jpg
    2018-05-20 18.34.28.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 119
I got lucky, and there is a Cantina Laredo near my gate at the airport. I had some properd queso con carne and chips, before I catch my flight to Sioux Falls -- with First Class upgrade.

Things are going too good. I'm looking over my shoulder. :ermm:

CD

If I were ever to go on a diet, I would make this, it's so rich you can not eat very much in one meal. We had chicken linguine alfredo and asparagus.

I had the last of the grilled ribeye from yesterday. Thinly sliced on a toasted onion bun with a spread of horseradish and mayo blend, and fresh strawberries from the local farm stand for a side.

I got lucky, and there is a Cantina Laredo near my gate at the airport. I had some proper queso con carne and chips, before I catch my flight to Sioux Falls -- with First Class upgrade.

Things are going too good. I'm looking over my shoulder. :ermm:

CD

I was right! The arriving plane I was supposed to fly out on was greeted at DFW by five fire trucks. That is never a good thing.

So, Two hours later, I'm on the plane -- and actually a bit hungry.

Dinners tonight sound good.

CD

I used this recipe for the pork loin. It was really yummy; I think it will make great seasoning for pork chops done on the grill, too. Or maybe chicken. Next time I use it on a roast, I might even add veggies to the baking pan.

One funny thing: Himself wandered into the kitchen while I was cooking. First words from his mouth were "you look like the Swedish Chef tossing things around in here". :ermm: :ohmy: Seriously? I wonder if he has an account here at DC...

Attachments

• 20180520_205839.jpg
    20180520_205839.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I needed to use up a roasted chicken breast and bits of veggies before our trip to MI, so I made curried chicken salad and pasta salad for dinner last night.
0520182115a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom