6/20/2017 It's Taco Tuesday, Whatcha Havin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a few pounds of pork shoulder in the Instant Pot with onions, garlic, jalapeño and a bunch of seasonings, for pork carnitas tacos. About to start another batch of mango salsa to go with it. And I'll reheat the extra rice from yesterday with Mexican seasonings to make another quick side.
It was goooood!
0620172025b_HDR.jpg

Wow, wow WOW!
Everyone's meals sound just inspirational tonight!!! :chef:
After our LARGE LUNCH aka Supper this afternoon (as my GreatGrandma would call it Supper, we would always have our big meal mid-day in the Summer at her house, and then maybe a sandwich or fresh fruit in the evening time), I thought, ya know, we'll probably be hungry anyways later on this evening, so I grilled some B/S Chicken Thighs with some Broccolini, MMM!
Well, I guess we'll save that for tomorrow, we're really not hungry at all.
It seems that mostly in the Summer Time, having a mid-day meal is best and
maybe a small snack in the evening. Thanks Ma!!

We most always have our main meal about 2 or 3 in the afternoon with a snack or dessert before 6PM.. It may be all in our mind but, we believe we sleep better when our meal has had plenty of time to digest.. Of course, we are not night owls... ;)

Ross

Pretty much the same here, Ross and kgirl. I shoot for having dinner done and the kitchen cleaned up and closed by about 3, sometimes 4. If I want something a little later in the evening it's usually just cheese and a couple of crackers, or some fruit. I dislike having a meal in the evening, probably because I've just gotten so used to eating earlier in the day. :wacko::)

Great sounding meals last night!

We had leftovers of the Dragon Lady sesame noodles with shrimp, along with the yummy green bean salad. As often happens, it was even better the second day.

I'm such a throwback about having the evening meal on the table between 6-7, but I can see that it would be better to eat earlier as we're almost always lights out by 10:30. Maybe we would sleep better.

Back
Top Bottom