6/22/2019 - First Full Day of Summer Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Finally feels like summer! Sunny and temperatures in the upper 70's. Tomorrow will be even warmer!

We're heading to daughter and SIL's for some outdoor cooking. They're doing the burgers, chicken, and salad. I'm taking some peanut sesame noodles, a fruit bowl, and some other munchies. And wine.

Plan A is cube steaks in a mushroom gravy with mashed potatoes and green beans..

Plan B is to go to the Italian joint for Cubano grinders and Caesar salads..

Its early so we will decide later..

I do know that there will be ice cream later..

Ross

We made a huge potluck vegetable pasta salad for a family reunion. WWheat rotini, red yellow and green peppers, broccoli trees, diced steamed broccoli stems, diced steamed onion, sweet pickles, dill pickles, black olives, pimento green olives, with a cannellini bean dressing.

40 year reunion tonight. Its at a riverside seafood bar/restaurant in Port Neches, Texas. Crawfish is still in season here, so that will probably be on my plate tonight, in some form.

CD

I hope you have a good time, cd, and stay out of trouble. :ermm: Or, maybe those two things are mutually exclusive. :D

I bought a whirly bird from Market Basket when I shopped yesterday. I'm pulling all the meat off of the bones, but not sure what the end result might be. Hot plate with veggies? Cold salad? I dunno right now.

Pot roast, mashed yukons, buttered steamed carrot coins and onion & baby bella mushroom Au jus.

pot_roast_062219_IMG_5926.jpg

WOW! Everyone's supper sounds and looks amazing!

For me, I needed comfort food for my soul
(it's been a hectic day!)

IMG_4382.jpg

Burgers & Fries, oh and Beer for the cook :chef:
Last night's dinner yielded 4 Hamburger patties,
more than we could eat in one sitting, so round two!
PERFECT!
It's a movies night I think, so
Hot Fudge Sundaes later for dessert :yum:

Good looking meals.

I had leftover chicken tika and Dragon Lady sesame noodles. Darn, those noodles are good. I'll have to make another batch soon. They are so handy to have in the fridge, ready to eat.

Last edited:
I hope you have a good time, cd, and stay out of trouble. :ermm: Or, maybe those two things are mutually exclusive. :D

I didn't get arrested. I did have a great time. We had around 100 classmates at the party. Not bad, out of 560 graduating class after 40 years.

As for food, I had some grilled redfish with a crawfish dressing and a side of dirty rice. It was pretty good.

CD

Back
Top Bottom