6th of May, dinner you say? 5-6-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Who Cooks

Executive Chef
Lazy day for me. Shake 'n Bake chicken (generic mix), mashed potatoes, generic country gravy mix, and a forage in my freezer for some sort of vegetables. Add a salad and a splash of wine, and I'll be fine! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm headed out to my grandson's baseball game (5:30-7:30 tonite). So we're having quick burgers on the grill. I can call ahead and have SO light the grill so I'm ready.

Portobello tacos with gruyere.
I'm also going to turn last night's leftover fajita mix into a tomato sauce with mushrooms and sausage. That will be for subs tomorrow or the day after.

Greg, I think you meant 2014! But that's okay, I am having a hard time with it being May already.

I am probably going to have Mac and cheese with a little bit of leftover steak thrown in for good measure! I will also have a Caesar salad to get my greens.

TB had a Polish hot dog with tomatoes and cucumbers on the side at noon as his "main meal" and has chicken and steak sandwiches for work. We were in a hurry as we got home from our errands a little late for me to put the meatloaf in the oven.

:LOL: Glad you caught that, LP!

I haven't a clue. We may end up with spaghetti with pepperoni unless some other spirit moves me.

Last edited:
I made potato salad last night and Himself will be grilling wieners later. No buns in the house but there is rye bread. Himself will probably use that, but I'll just take an extra scoop of potato salad. :yum: I'll also fry out a little bit of cut-up bacon, saute onions in the fat, and add a can of beans to that pan of goodness.

Put the potato salad in two bowls. The larger one is tucked into the back of the fridge for later in the week. I plan on not cooking any more this week if I can help it. Then again, there probably aren't going to be enough leftovers. :pig:

Lazy day for me. Shake 'n Bake chicken (generic mix), mashed potatoes, generic country gravy mix, and a forage in my freezer for some sort of vegetables. Add a salad and a splash of wine, and I'll be fine! :)

HA! Greg, we are doing nearly the same tonight!

Shake and Bake chicken leg quarters (Carl's favorite), cheesy scalloped potatoes, and Steamfresh mixed vegetables. And of course, a nice salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced red onion. There are many dressings from which to choose, and tonight I had Creamy Italian.

Gwen is here also, and she is a vegetarian, so Carl grilled portobello mushrooms for her and I made mushroom gravy.

I'm so glad for to have Carl and Gwen here with me. I miss DA so much I've been crying myself to sleep since Sunday.

With love,
~Cat

There has been a slight change of plan. I inserted a Margarita ahead of the previous plan. Believe me it's been a Margarita day.

Don't ever get involved in a short sale. Or if you do, stock up your liquor cabinet first!

{{{Cat}}}

Andy, we need more pictures of that little guy tonight.

I have a thick ham slice in the oven slathered with that Hawaiian marinade, and fresh pineapple on the top. Baked spuds are in there too, and soon seasoned and oiled asparagus spears.

Kayelle, try slathering that Hawaiian marinade over your fresh pineapple and then do it on the grille, or on a grill cast iron skillet. And no need to cut the middle out. Cooking makes the whole slice very tender.

I just threw some rigatoni on to boil. Too much babysitting my sauce not to have some tonight. The tacos can wait. I put some garlic bread under the broiler here shortly.

I threw some homemade kraut in a pot with some sliced onion, extra caraway seeds and a green lizard. Covered the pot and brought it up until steam was produced. Dropped some brats in. Brats and kraut on a bun with mustard.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom