7/19/15. What's going on, Juan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're keeping an eye on the weather. We have severe thunder storm warnings with a risk of a tornado. So, if the storm finishes, we will have date night. If it is looking iffy, we'll have leftover Chinese.

We're keeping an eye on the weather. We have severe thunder storm warnings with a risk of a tornado. So, if the storm finishes, we will have date night. If it is looking iffy, we'll have leftover Chinese.

Well you know what they say. Leftovers always taste better the next day. :angel:

It's hot out. 32C with high humidity. Couple that with a whole bunch of cucumbers from my garden, I decided to go light. Cucumber and apple raita, whipped feta in cucumber boats, cucumber, dill and crab salad, served with a baguette and grilled pita. And beer. Today is a beer day.

Like you Dawg, our PLAN is sub sandwiches, but I've been fighting a headache all day and it keeps winning. If I win, we'll have subs just like the Original Columbus OH Quisno's Sub House toasted sub. Every once in a while I like to give Himself a taste memory from his college days.

We're keeping an eye on the weather. We have severe thunder storm warnings with a risk of a tornado...
Stay safe. Fingers crossed your weather clears up.

...Today is a beer day.
But couldn't EVERY day be a "beer day"? :cool: Unfortunately, I forgot to take our bottle to the local brewery yesterday, so I guess we'll have iced tea. Probably better for my headache anyway.

But couldn't EVERY day be a "beer day"? :cool: Unfortunately, I forgot to take our bottle to the local brewery yesterday, so I guess we'll have iced tea. Probably better for my headache anyway.

True that! But in this heat, a nice lager or pilsner is nice. Our local brewery is open 7 days a week, but they've got a bar and event space too.

Been doing street fair food all weekend, except for a divine brunch at the steakhouse we went too recently. Going back out for some gyro's soon.

Sushi, Caterpillar Roll, Mackerel, Scallops, & Oyster shooter.

img_1429514_0_740db5b099a6355d710a7cd830c843ab.jpg

Very hot and humid, dew point a tropical 73-75!

Cold cuts, cottage cheese, a few chunks of watermelon and a tall class of iced tea.

The cold cuts are pure salt and the watermelon is pure sugar, not a very healthy meal.

I'm just too hot to care! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Mmmm....ribeyes. That's what I'm craving. On the menu for this week. :yum:

Easy dinner this afternoon. I thawed 3 chicken thighs this morning, seasoned them with a little Penzey's roasted garlic, onion powder, and lemon pepper, and roasted them. Refrigerated them for a few hours, then took them back out an hour before eating to take the chill off a little. Dinner was one of the thighs, the last couple of tomatoes from my mini garden, and assorted pickles and olives. Nice and cool.

We had an Italian-inspired pasta dish. DH grilled Italian sausage, onion and red and green bell peppers and I chopped and tossed them with rotini, fresh basil and dried oregano. I also made bruschetta with homemade pesto, chopped garden tomatoes and grated Parmesan cheese. Yummy dinner.

Hot hot hot and soggy. Bleah!

I just threw together cottage cheese, fruit bowls and leftover potato salad.

S&P, your sushi always looks delicious in spite of the fact that I like mine well-done. ;)

Subs? mañana! Headache never left, but my SIL did show up with an alternative. She and her hubby picked five pounds of blueberries yesterday. Pie, it's what was for supper!

Attachments

• 2015-07-19 22.54.07.jpg
    2015-07-19 22.54.07.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 154
:ohmy: That fresh blueberry pie looks delicious! I'd have that for dinner any day. :yum:

Hope your headache goes away very soon, CG.

So sorry about your headache, CG. Hopefully that luscious blueberry pie is the cure!

We went out for a early dinner to one of our favorite cafe's. The air conditioner was out of order and I think they had a new cook as the dinner was lousy. Grrrrr....
Thought we could save the outing by driving to surfers point, and not a parking place to be had so we headed back home only to get stuck in Sunday night traffic on the freeway when the heavens opened up with pouring rain. Needless to say, people in these parts have forgotten how to drive in rain. The only good news for tonight is we got home safe and sound and it's still raining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom