7-28-20 ~ It's Taco Tuesday Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I stopped at our local Carniceria to pick up some Guc - they make
the best I've ever had!

And decided on Late Lunch-Early Dinner for us two, LINNER! :LOL:

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

:ohmy:
That's one HUGE Burrito!
I decided to weight it, 1.35 lbs !!!

It's a good thing I only got ONE! :ROFLMAO:

What's on your menu?

Welp.. Enchilada dinner was the plan..

I defrosted previously made enchiladas, rice and refried beans to reheat.. Dropped the enchilada pan, upside down on the floor.. :ermm:

While Jeannie cleaned up my mess, I ran to Micky D's for quarter pounders.:rolleyes:

Ross

I made rigatoni with Italian sausage meat sauce, monterey jack and parmesan. Didn't have the oven on too long, and I put in some garlic cheese bread too. Green salad with sliced cukes and tomatoes. Local made peach ice cream for later.

QUESTION : That recipe calls for 4 Graham Cracker sheets, crushed. I have a box of crumbs in a pantry, along with a 6 inch pyrex pie pan ... so how much Cracker Crumbs would I measure out?
4 1/2 Tablespoons?
I looked it up earlier, since I have the box of crumbs, too. Since 10 sheets are about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs, I would think a generous 1/2 cup of crumbs would work. If I ever get around to making this recipe, I figure I'll overshoot how much I need...you know, just in case. ;)

Sally's Baking Addiction - Perfect Graham Cracker Crust

BTW, Ross makes this with pastry crust; he's mentioned that he's not a fan of graham cracker crusts.

QUESTION : That recipe calls for 4 Graham Cracker sheets, crushed. I have a box of crumbs in a pantry, along with a 6 inch pyrex pie pan ... so how much Cracker Crumbs would I measure out?
4 1/2 Tablespoons?
I would pour some into the pan till it looks right, then add the butter and any seasonings you're using.

Feeling out of sorts, so we ordered from our favourite Italian resto. DH had manicotti stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, tomato sauce bechemel sauce and mozzarella cheese, and a Caesar salad. I had Capelli di Angelo Gamberi Funghi (angel hair pasta with shrimp and mushrooms). That was really good. We were surprised to get a warm baguette and two tiny containers of grated parm. Well, they do always give you baguette and parm when you are eating in the resto. I'm stuffed and have leftovers.

I wasn't feeling well today, so DH made dinner. He made a fried Spam sandwich for me, with mayo, mustard, romaine and a slice of tomato, with a pickle alongside. He had leftover surimi salad in a wrap and a few leftover stuffed grape leaves.

Welp.. Enchilada dinner was the plan..

I defrosted previously made enchiladas, rice and refried beans to reheat.. Dropped the enchilada pan, upside down on the floor.. :ermm:

While Jeannie cleaned up my mess, I ran to Micky D's for quarter pounders.:rolleyes:

Ross
Admit it, you dropped it on purpose because you were jonesing for something from Mickey D's. [emoji38]

I made salads for us. I put islands of iceberg on top so I could have little scoops of tuna and surimi salads plus a bit of cottage cheese with peaches. Meanwhile, Himself followed his bowl of salad up with some of the leftover Thai pork and rice.

IMG_20200728_211955678_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Classic Taco Tuesday with gr. beef here today. I always fry the corn tortillas in oil, and I added some cumin and Mexican oregano to the oil tonight. I'll do that from now on, and don't know why I never thought of it before.

I love my own homemade taco's and don't like them anywhere else.

No tacos here, but for lunch I did make a tostada, with some of that leftover eggplant, cremini, chorizo, and chipotle mix, plus some cheese.

I made another batch of that raw tomato sauce late Monday night, so that I could have it last night, with some extras added to it.
Latest raw tomato sauce for pasta, with chopped garlic, olives, capers, anchovies, and basil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Raw tomato pasta sauce, mixed up, to marinate until tomorrow. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Raw tomato sauce, with pasta, red kidney beans, and kamut added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

4 1/2 Tablespoons?

My apologies.. When posting about that recipe in other threads, I've said I don't care for cookie/cracker crusts and that I use store pie crusts. I forgot to mention that again.. :)

Ross

I looked it up earlier, since I have the box of crumbs, too. Since 10 sheets are about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs, I would think a generous 1/2 cup of crumbs would work. If I ever get around to making this recipe, I figure I'll overshoot how much I need...you know, just in case. ;)

Sally's Baking Addiction - Perfect Graham Cracker Crust

BTW, Ross makes this with pastry crust; he's mentioned that he's not a fan of graham cracker crusts.

Ya beat me to it.. Thank you.. ;)

OH... As to dropping the enchiladas on purpose, you must have talked to Jeannie.. ;):LOL:

Ross

Last edited:
Ya beat me to it.. Thank you.. ;)

OH... As to dropping the enchiladas on purpose, you must have talked to Jeannie.. ;):LOL:

Ross

If I dropped enchiladas, SO would rend her clothes and go into deep mourning; that is after she got done chasing me around the block with a rolling pin. Luckily, neither of us can run fast now-a-days. Double lucky, she can be bought off with a quarter pounder and fries. :LOL:

If I dropped enchiladas, SO would rend her clothes and go into deep mourning; that is after she got done chasing me around the block with a rolling pin. Luckily, neither of us can run fast now-a-days. Double lucky, she can be bought off with a quarter pounder and fries. :LOL:

Worked for me.. ;)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom