7-30-13 Tuesday's Dinner is Full of Grace...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margarita mix is nasty.

I use two parts tequila, 1 part triple sec (or Cointreau if someone wants it to taste "softer". I like a little "bite".) and 1 part mixed lemon and lime juice.

I'll have to try Dawg's three parts tequila.

Last edited:
The only mix I've ever liked was when I was tending bar at a large Mexican restaurant. We poured it in the machines like they use for fruit drinks and such, and added water. It wasn't too sweet.

I like to taste the tequila too! If you want something really pretty, try a "Blue Moon", a marg made with blue triple sec.

Last edited:
Thanks DL. At least I'm not the only one who makes Margaritas this way. I see in restaurants (Chili's for example) such a vast array of Margaritas that it makes me dizzy. And I'm sure a lot of them use some kind of mix. In cooking and in mixing cocktails I like to stick to fundamental ingredients, not that I'd squeeze my own tomatoes for a Bloody Mary.... Actually I like to use Snap-E-Tom when making a Bloody Mary. Also, for this drink I use Everclear (190 proof) so the cocktail doesn't get all watered down, but you have to adjust the amount way down (about 80/190) or you end up peeling up guests off the floor. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom