8/16/2019 - National Rum Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoy rum drinks, but your idea of a gin & tonic sure sounds good about now.

I'm doing some thick beautiful pork chops in the sous vide, and I'll be finishing them on Wilma, the searing side burner of the grill.

I have some strawberries and a ripe mango so I'll be using them to make a salsa with red onion, serrano chili, cilantro, lime juice and honey. Sounds like a good side for pork.

Fresh grilled asparagus and garlic toast should add up to a good meal.

Down with mushy food for us.

SO and I took GS out to lunch before taking him home. Ate a big lunch so dinner was more lunch-like. We had sandwiches and salads with chips and pickles.

Himself grilled burgers while I made garden salads and baked potato wedges. I seasoned them with Penzeys Mural of Flavor. Needed something salt free to make up for my homemade dill pickles.
IMG_20190816_203809694.jpg

I enjoy rum drinks, but your idea of a gin & tonic sure sounds good about now.

I'm doing some thick beautiful pork chops in the sous vide, and I'll be finishing them on Wilma, the searing side burner of the grill.

I have some strawberries and a ripe mango so I'll be using them to make a salsa with red onion, serrano chili, cilantro, lime juice and honey. Sounds like a good side for pork.

Fresh grilled asparagus and garlic toast should add up to a good meal.

Down with mushy food for us.

This was the first time doing thick brined pork chops in the sous vide.

WOW...

Attachments

• P8160028[1].jpg
    P8160028[1].jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 130
  • P8160029[1].jpg
    P8160029[1].jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 127
I have been a total klutz today, so I decided cooking was too risky. We ordered out from Dunn's. Stirling had a smoked meat sandwich combo (fries and cole slaw) and i had the Cobb salad, but with crispy chicken tenders instead of grilled chicken. I used my own vinaigrette on my salad. It was all delicious. It's kinda sad when a cole slaw that is basically "meh" qualifies as "not the worst I've had". :LOL:

I was all over the place today, so I stopped at Whataburger for my occasional "fix." That was a late lunch, so just grazing tonight.

CD

Back
Top Bottom