8/2/2019 - International Beer Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two beer days in a row. August may be "get drunk" month. :LOL:

Not sure, yet, what I want to eat. I'll have to get back to you.

D

Last edited:
Salad
salad-002.jpg

Another beer day? I used to drink beer, but only have an occasional one these days.

I simmered a smallish pot of split pea soup this afternoon. Corn muffins for a side. :yum:

SO, GS and I spent the afternoon at Kimball Farms. Years ago when my girls were kids, they had the best ice cream around and the lines were always out to the street. Everybody went to KF for ice cream on a summer evening. A veritable goldmine.

Over the years, they kept adding on attractions: mini golf, bumper boats, pitch and putt, batting cages, restaurants, driving range, horseback rides, petting zoo, etc. Now the public has the opportunity to drop a couple of hundred dollars in an afternoon.

So, in addition to the attractions GS chose, we ate lunch there and at the end of the day had huge ice creams as a treat. After ordering SMALL dishes of ice cream, I noticed the menu board listed two sizes smaller than small! They were always very generous in their portions.

Bottom line, GS went home and SO and I were not hungry. Just had snacks for dinner.

I made pork chops in mushroom herb sauce and served it with wholewheat penne (I'm not eating potatoes these days. Potatoes would have been even better.). I also served a smashed cucumber salad. I was thinking of making a regular salad, but I didn't have the spoons to do all that chopping. Also, since I was eager to try the smashed cucumber salad, that made it seem less tiring. The meal was delish. I like that cucumber salad. DH thought it was okay, which is pretty good, since he usually dislikes cucumbers that aren't pickles.

Himself did burgers on the grill tonight. I had mixed sauteed onion into the beef before forming the patties. They could have used more. Anyway, we also had salads and potato chips with the burgers. While Himself had just ketchup, s&p on his, I garbaged mine up: homemade mayo/Dijon/horseradish sauce, lettuce, homemade dill pickles, burger, tomato. By the time I got 3/4 through the burger I had a slider...and we ain't talking size. ;)
IMG_20190802_212444520.jpg

Threw together a quick pork stir fry with rice (LOVE my Lodge CI wok). We are in for a humid, sticky weekend. Cold food is on the agenda.

Himself did burgers on the grill tonight. I had mixed sauteed onion into the beef before forming the patties. They could have used more. Anyway, we also had salads and potato chips with the burgers. While Himself had just ketchup, s&p on his, I garbaged mine up: homemade mayo/Dijon/horseradish sauce, lettuce, homemade dill pickles, burger, tomato. By the time I got 3/4 through the burger I had a slider...and we ain't talking size. ;)
View attachment 35873

Not sure what that means. :huh:

I had a hot day photographing twenty-million dollars worth of cars. Or, two cars. I came home and crashed in my bed for four hours.

I still had some Fletcher's State Fair Corn Dogs in the freezer, and fried them up for supper. That was all I could mustard (pun intended).

CD

CD, I was trying to make a joke. Total fail! :ROFLMAO: By the time I had eaten 3/4th of my burger, what was left kept sliding out because I had it loaded up with too many wet and slippery ingredients.

It ain't a joke when you have to explain it...

On Tuesday we went out to a German restaurant for my 62nd and I had a 1 liter "Boot" of pils. Last evening we went out to another German restaurant and I had 2 - 1 liter "Boots" of pils. Tuesday I had rouladen and last night I had sauerbraten.

Last night's BBQ Pork Sammie, Early Peas (Canned) and Carrots (Steamed fresh), Air Fries, and a Red Potato Salad, Carried in ...

Pork BBQ.jpg

SO, GS and I spent the afternoon at Kimball Farms. Years ago when my girls were kids, they had the best ice cream around and the lines were always out to the street. Everybody went to KF for ice cream on a summer evening. A veritable goldmine.

Over the years, they kept adding on attractions: mini golf, bumper boats, pitch and putt, batting cages, restaurants, driving range, horseback rides, petting zoo, etc. Now the public has the opportunity to drop a couple of hundred dollars in an afternoon.

Yeah, the Westford location has changed over the years and I don’t fault them for it. I usually go to the Carlisle location which is like an old time ice cream stand. It’s about 8 miles from my house and as a family, we ride our bikes there and split 2 cups between the four of us. Another nice place is Erickson’s in Maynard.

Oh, forgot to mention that Kimball’s is a bargain considering the amount you get for $5. We shared a small sundae in a chocolate waffle cup from Ghirardellis Square in San Francisco for almost $14! Burned it off by walking almost 30K steps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom