8/28/2019 - National Red Wine Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to try a recipe I took from ATK - Chicken Vesuvio. Chicken thighs and yukon gold potatoes pan roasted with garlic and herbs and a pan sauce.

Dad had salmon, broccoli, salad. Mom had leftover hotdish, broccoli, and a brownie. Me, I don't eat after 3:00 p.m. I just cook for the Elders.

Had the little guy until 5:30 and wore us both out playing catch. :LOL: Threw together a huge taco salad after he got picked up....hit the spot. :yum:

When larry asked about a Spanish Omelet, it got me to remembering a sauce my MIL would make. She called it "Spanish Sauce". It strongly resembled a recipe on "thespruceeats": Simple Sofrito Recipe. I tweaked it to resemble Mom's recipe by using a green bell pepper instead of the Anaheim, and shaking in some Tabasco sauce instead of using paprika. I also added stuffed green olives, one thing that she did that took the sauce over the top for me. I think next time I'll try it with Anaheim peppers.

I made a batch of Mom's Spanish Sauce today. Served it over scrambled eggs and along side bacon, sausage, and fried potato cubes.

IMG_20190828_205147146.jpg

I had leftover cast iron chicken tenders, so I made more tacos. I just don't get tired of tacos.

CD

Back
Top Bottom