8/3/2019 - Mead Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
The American Homebrewers Association has declared August 3 as mead day. The 2019 Official AHA Mead Day Recipe is Prairie Rose Meadery Vanilla Cinnamon Mead.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/aha-events/mead-day/

Many years ago I took a homebrewing class with some friends, and we brewed a batch at one guy's house. It was a net loss of beer, as we drank more in the process than we produced. And it wasn't very good beer, either.

Tonight's dinner will be split chicken breasts on the charcoal Weber, potato salad left over from yesterday, and a house salad.

Fennel tomato sauce with broccoli and ww rotini, the populace here can't get enough of it.

Tonight I'm making angel hair pasta and peas with butter garlic sauce, topped with baked lemon/butter Mahi Mahi fish fillets. Souschef can mash it all up with a fork and call it "non solid food". I'll have a salad with mine, and he's sure missing salad.
This is getting really challenging for both of us. Ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I have beef barley soup cooking in the Instant Pot.

Tonight I'm making angel hair pasta and peas with butter garlic sauce, topped with baked lemon/butter Mahi Mahi fish fillets. Souschef can mash it all up with a fork and call it "non solid food". I'll have a salad with mine, and he's sure missing salad.
You might want to start a new thread asking for ideas for meals for someone who needs a soft diet. That would make it easier to find.

I have a 2 day old sour rye sponge in my kitchen, to finish tomorrow, and I can smell it over by my fridge!

I had my favorite Szechwan eggplant dish tonight, tossed with some pasta, instead of on rice. I doubled the recipe, so I have a lot leftover.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about dinner. Then I made the mistake of getting online. Another day in America, and another 20 people dead. This time in El Paso. The shooter is from the town next to mine. I lost my appetite. I poured a drink, instead.

Sorry to be a bummer.

CD

I grabbed a rotisserie chicken while shopping today. I devised a room temp side of lightly cooked fresh green beans and corn on the cob, fully cooked baby potatoes, and a dressing of white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, EVOO, and fresh dill. S&P, too. We also had garden salads. Perfect dinner on a rather warm and humid day.
IMG_20190803_215619284.jpg

What is the issue? I have been off DC for about a year. What happened?

I have a 2 day old sour rye sponge in my kitchen, to finish tomorrow, and I can smell it over by my fridge!

I had my favorite Szechwan eggplant dish tonight, tossed with some pasta, instead of on rice. I doubled the recipe, so I have a lot leftover.

Dave you keep cooking like that and I will come camp out at your back
door step.
Josie :rolleyes:

Well, I finally got hungry, and tossed a frozen pizza in the oven, with a chifonade of fresh basil from the garden, and a drizzle of EVOO. It did the job.

Then I went to bed, and slept in, as I usually do on Sundays.

I should have stayed in bed. While I slept, another nine people were killed in yet another mass shooting.

CD

Last night we had grilled Greek-marinated chicken thighs and grilled potatoes. We also grilled a few okra from the garden, just to see what they would be like. I also had sliced tomatoes and pickled cucumbers. 0803192016a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom