9-21- Saturday- No Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Everyone take the night off? :huh:

Salisbury Steak, mashed taters, rolls, peas here tonight.

Hokey Scmokes ! Would ya look at the time. No wonder I'm feeling peaked. I had a little leftover pizza for lunch. I think for dinner I will just make an open faced tuna melt with some sliced tomato on top. I baked a little something to day too so there's dessert calling.

I pulled some home ground chuck out of the freezer and made meat sauce with the tomato sauce from the basement.

Nothing earthshaking but it was good.

Oh no, I did cook. I unfroze a chicken thigh and put it in some chicken stock in a saucepan. I cooked it on a small boil until the meats came away from the bones quickly and easily. I cut up two carrots, some celery, and onion and sliced a large potato and put those into the broth with meats and put in some chives, minced garlic, rosemary, sage, and black pepper. I had a nice soup! I ate the half of it, and put the other half to the freezer for another time.

It is all I had with a glass of milk. It was very good!

My little snack before I go to my bed will be a very nice honeycrisp apple!

Your friend,
~Cat

Unless I have visitors, I never cook on Saturday.

Today was particularly poor. At various times:

Frozen pizza
Indian spiced potato snacks
Dry roasted peanuts
A slice of cheddar cheese

:(

ELK.....
39817-albums960-picture5656.jpg

The Salisbury Steak was dry as dust. Forgot it was cooking.:blink:
Busy cleaning up messes.

Got into a movie and totally forgot about dinner, so DH picked up Hardees Mushroom Swiss Burgers.

I'm making french onion soup in the pressure cooker. Schinken Nudeln (ham and noodles) and a marinated vegetable salad.

Finally ran out of leftovers! :w00t: We were to the point of leftover leftovers. Probably on to cooking up more leftovers starting Monday since Sunday's are lazy meal days.

I braised chicken thighs in about 1/2 cup leftover spaghetti sauce jazzed up with fresh basil and dried oregano and served it with rotini and no-cook pasta sauce.

Hmm....Due to circumstances beyond my control, we ended up eating the Detroit coney dogs for supper, instead of holding off 'til game time. They were good.....I wonder if there is time to put together a Maurice Salad for game day? We shall see.

Red lentil soup and then a 'mature' chicken (i.e. old boiler) simmered in cider, apple and usual veg/herbs with mushrooms & leeks in sour cream.

Back
Top Bottom