A greeting from far away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riverli

Senior Cook
hi everyone. i am riverli .i am from china mainland .
why our live area is limited .i want to make all of our life more rich and colorful.let's introduce our homeland and the country culture to the people live in different place.
i will show you the true china food and culture.it is wondful ,it is not the same like someone think,oh ,include me.

Last edited:
cooked by one of my friend

Jq4V_1dXGrCAwNDAgv72xtA==.jpg

Last edited:
Ciao from Rome and welcome, riverli!! I always heard that the real Chinese food consumed in China is very different from what we find in Chinese restaurants abroad. Many items are overly laden with msg and fat, and I wondered often that there must be much more to an authentic chinese cuisine. And your pictures say much for that!! We would love to see some actual recipes as well as the beautiful image, so we can do the Chinese right!! Can you help us??:chef:
I also wonder, being such an enormous country with so many habitants, I bet there must be lots of diversities depending on the region. I would like to know some of the characteristics in different regions, oh, excuse me if I am too curious!! I have been in Rome for 3 years and learned a lot about the big differece that lie between the real Italian cooking and what is considered as Italian foods abroad... I have a feeling that the Chinese cuisine is the same way... I hope you can teach us a lot about your culture!!

Welcome to DC!! Many of us love Chinese food. Of course, most of the food over here is Americanized as you say. I think we would all like to see some of your favorite recipes.

hi urmanic13 wellcome.yes ,china is too big.the cooking ways and materials are not the same in different region.even in china,even a chef can't eat all the famous dishes.
this is a amazing road to browse one country's excellent culture. because china is very poor before.chinese have no more money to show
more to friend:LOL: .
now china's ecnomic make big progress and some chances come.

i like western culture,just like democracy,freedom,and hi-tech,lol.i ofen read the story and Rome.
the chinese culture is not the same like western one.
i can't explain them in few words.
I will show you more about us ,you can find the different by yourself
let's all have an good time when we meet each other every time.

Last edited:
dear texasgirl,i want to give out some recipes for long. but i find it have some difficult.
i am prepare for the suitable recipes.lol.it maybe need some days.many material i don't know if you can get or not.and i must know the format of yours.
i am collecting things for several months.
let us wait.lol

Welcome to our part of the world. Thanks for posting the photos. Can we have some recipes too. It all looks so good! Thank YOu!!

Wow!

Wow! The food looks delicious! Welcome! I will be anticipating seeing more of you here!

hi ,dwansey.chinese dishes will express all it's charm
in company with all the other:the music( lightly dolorous),chinese environment,and the the excellent chinese friend.

1372860891.jpg

1372860815.jpg

1372860732.jpg

Last edited:
china is the ancient advanced country can persist for 5000 years till now.so many people have create many splendid things for the posterity.
i think china is the worth place to go once in life.
some place of china is rich and modern
this is my city's center

1339999655.jpg

1339999552.jpg

Last edited:
To know the true chinese food ,you must know the true china.
this is why i spend so many time to tell the other ,these not the food,but these are very important to know chinese dishes.
after days ,after more time,you can find a different china by yourself's eyes .

Welcome to Discuss Cooking! I actually have eaten dishes similar to those photographs. I have never been to China; however lived in Hawaii off & on for a decade. My husband and I always made freinds across the board -- we had many Asian immigrant freinds, and frequented restaurants geared to them. I think the most interesting was when a Chinese friend took me out for a Schezuan breakfast. It was a bowl of soy milk with a type of bread that looks like a loofah sponge. You could order it hot or sweet. I chose the former, so chili oil was floating in it as well as some scallions. Another time she took me to a place where the soup had trotters in it, and her (non-English-speaking) sister commented that I had 'elegant manners' referring to my ability to eat off the bone with chop sticks. She introduced me to many unusual dishes.

Welcome, Riverli. Your food is quite beautiful. like edible works of art.

I have a friend who is an engineer, and he worked in China for several years, around Shanghai. He has wonderful things to say about your country, food and culture. He even speaks some Chinese, all though I'm not sure which dialect.

I would love to hear more, and see more pictures. Perhaps a picture of where you live? I have been told that China is a beautiful country.

dear constance.
i live in ningbo ,zhejiang provice china.
about 360 kilometer far from shanghai.
this city have about 5,300,000 dweller,it is a seaport
but i live about 30 kilometer far from the sea.
see the map , my city
1386442383.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom