Alix's Birthday dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I realize posting this thread is egocentric of me. Not going to stop me of course, but I DO realize it. :rolleyes:

This is where Ken took me for dinner. We started with the spinach salad, which was without question the best we have ever had. The description there just doesn't do it justice. I had the beef tenderloin which was the special that night and Ken had the roast pork. We shared a tiramisu for dessert.

Wow! I think Paul and I need to plan a trip to Canada. Everything on the menu sounds so nice.

And really quite reasonably priced! We have been to other restaurants around town that cost way more, but this one was every bit as good food wise.

We are really fortunate to have so many really excellent restaurants in town. We're not NY by any means, but we have a lot of truly outstanding restaurants.

I didn't think to mention that this particular restaurant is kid free after 5pm, which makes it the ideal "date" restaurant.

what do they do with the children after 5pm? uh oh, don't look in the kitchen. :shock:

the brothers grimm will soon be opening a restaurant near you...

buckytom said:
what do they do with the children after 5pm? uh oh, don't look in the kitchen. :shock:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Do you mean that wasn't really "beef"? (Heeheeheehee! Thanks for making me clean my monitor once again buckytom!)

buckytom said:

Wait a second, the walls WERE made out of candy.....:(

Alix

You sound as though you enjoyed your birthday. What more could you ask? To have someone who cares enough to take you out instead of you doing the dinner again. When is his birthday? Will you go out again or do you make him special meal?

He does know how to keep you happy. Not having to worry about the children is big relief. I am sure couples would st ay together longer if they did what your husband did and took them out once in while. He must think you're worth it. You picked a good one.

Now to look forward to next year!!

I agree ITK
Date night should be a hard and fast rule in every marriage.
It gives the couple time to talk and plan and it gives them the chance to fall in love all over again. It's a good thing.

I'm glad you and Ken got out together Alix.

What a lovely place Alix!! Lovely decor of the dining room, and like you said, surprisingly reasonable prices...The only problem would be I would have to rack my brains to a torture level to make a selection... everything sounds so good!!

I am glad you and Ken had a lovely evening!!:)

urmaniac13 said:
The only problem would be I would have to rack my brains to a torture level to make a selection... everything sounds so good!!

An excellent reason to keep going back don't you think? You have to try EVERYTHING when it sounds so good! :LOL:

And ITK, I DID enjoy my birthday very very much. Ken spoils me rotten and I LOVE it. His birthday isn't until June, and I usually make him dinner, although I would be happy to take him out. He is pretty mellow, doesn't really mind one way or the other where we eat, as long as he gets fed well!

Hey pdswife, you need to come for a visit so you and Paul can do a "date night" too!

Glad you enjoyed it Alix. The menu looks awsome. Ken is a sweetheart and you're lucky to have him. Here's where we ended up going for my birthday, finally http://www.espanacuisine.com. We had the most incredible prime fillet with oyster sauce - quite pricey ($40.00 a piece) but all worth it! Check what they had planned for Valentine's Day. Wish I could have been there: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11307433/from/RL.3/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom