All these leftovers....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The turkey was reheated Friday and topped with fresh new gravy. I made some new mashed red and russett potatoes and mixed them in with the leftover garlic/parmesan mashed potatoes. I froze the stuffing in small portions for later use with baked chicken or other poultry dishes. My fresh cranberry sauce was gone the first day. Desserts and sweet potatoes were all gone the first day too. We had over 14 people eating at our gathering.

With the exception of a few slices of the chocolate panna cotta cake left, I'm happy to say all the desserts are finally gone. Poor Lou....he'll be stuck with the added temptation of pie for the rest of his week.

I try to make the leftovers into something else... What are you doing with yours?

Out of 2 Thanksgivings (neither at my house) I ended up with no leftovers, except that which came with me in the 1st place! Half a Sweet Potato pie, 2 slices of Apple, and a cornbread stuffing w/ Andouille sausage. I'm afraid I may have to make my own Thanksgiving dinner for some turkey this week.

Maybe next week when my new oven comes.... :):):chef:

To everyone who drops the carcass into the stock pot...is it just me or do you spend an hour getting all the tiny bones out when the thing finally falls apart in the soup? I've stopped dropping the carcass in, and making a stock that I can strain, instead. I made gumbo today with the legs and wings. I dropped them into the gumbo, making sure to pull them out before they fell apart. The wings aren't so much a problem with tiny bones...but the legs (drumsticks) have these long toothpick like bones that literally are next to impossible to detect.

Hi, Vera. I have a set of three sizes of colanders, no feet, that fit perfectly inside my mixing bowls. So I put the large colander in the large bowl, pour the stock in with all the solids, and lift out the colander to discard the solids. All that's left is yummy stock with bits of thyme floating in it :)

We planned very well this year. No leftovers to speak of. The biggest amount left was the stuffing/dressing since we always make alot. Only had one serving of squash left, 2 slices of pumpkin pie, 2 slices of pecan pie, a small amount of turkey, and some cranberry salad. Most of the leftovers went home with my sister who has young kids at home. Mine are grown and mostly on their own so hubby and I wouldn't be able to eat much.

VB- Hubbys family Thurs. My family Sunday. Not enough room to do both sides at once. My parents are divorced and so are his, all are also remarried. Talk about hectic holidays!!! someone always feels like they are being left out

Back
Top Bottom