And tonight's nosh is......? Friday, 10/18/2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
Mushy pea curry - a syn=free invention of the Slimming World empire.

It sounds disgusting but is surprisingly tasty. For the uninitiated "mushy peas" are dried peas soaked and boiled to a mush (or spooned out of a can in my case).

2 tins of same, a tin of tomatoes, a tin of baked beans, onion and garlic and mushrooms (fried in a little "frylight" spray), curry powder (not curry sauce mix) and cooked in the slow cooker in my case. Some people blitz it to a puree but I can't see the point. As I said, it sounds disgusting but is yummy.

I'll be having it with cauliflower and rice pilaff (also syn-free) and, if I over did the curry powder, a little plain yoghourt on top followed by an orange. And, as I've been very good today, I will accompany it with a small (well, not very small) glass of claret.

Red gravy with sausage, meatballs, mushrooms, onions and anything else that isn't nailed down. Not sure on the pasta yet. It's a tossup between rigatoni and spaghetti.

Mushy pea curry - a syn=free invention of the Slimming World empire.

It sounds disgusting but is surprisingly tasty. For the uninitiated "mushy peas" are dried peas soaked and boiled to a mush (or spooned out of a can in my case).
Sounds delicious to me. I love mushy peas, although I've never been overly fond of the name. :)

Tonight we are having Southwestern Black Beans and Rice.

One pan oven food (unless I split it between two smaller pans ;) ) of chicken Italian sausage, sweet peppers (one each yellow, orange, red and green), sweet onions and potatoes. Reds, if I have any left; AP whites if I don't.

Probably make a salad to go with, but I have time to decide on that one.

Since Katie H. doesn't live we us we rarely have dessert. *sigh*

Stopped at the butcher shop when I was in town on Wednesday and bought a boatload of short ribs and a big bunch of oxtails.

So...tonight's fare is short ribs in the crock-pot, mashed taters, green beans, iced tea and (drum roll, please) butter pecan-rum cake for dessert.

colder than a grave diggers arse today so i wanted something high on flavour
but with a bit of punch....hmmmm,lets start by re writing the book that says the smaller the chilli the hotter it is.b*llocks!!,that chilli was 4 inches long & hotter than satans underpants:ermm::ohmy:!!.any road up,tonights offering my fellow gastronauts:buccatini(unbroken of course)with prawns in a cherry tomato,smoked pancetta & greek basil sauce.ice cold peroni.

Attachments

• BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 001.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 001.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 180
  • BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 002.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 002.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 329
  • BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 003.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 003.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 365
  • BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 004.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 004.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 174
  • BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 005.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 005.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 180
  • BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 006.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 006.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 417
  • BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 007.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 007.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 218
  • BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 008.JPG
    BUCCATINI & PRAWNS 008.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 437
MyGawd Harry, your food always looks so wonderful. I love the start-to-finish photo lineup. Pretty sure that dish will be warming, what with its ingredients. Might need two chasers to cool things down.

I wasn't active when you were coming around before, but I must say I now know why you got such a rock-star welcome when you came back. ;)

MyGawd Harry, your food always looks so wonderful. I love the start-to-finish photo lineup. Pretty sure that dish will be warming, what with its ingredients. Might need two chasers to cool things down.

I wasn't active when you were coming around before, but I must say I now know why you got such a rock-star welcome when you came back. ;)
wow i'm truly flattered cg:blush:!!,high praise indeed from a lady who is more than a "dab hand" at the culinary arts from what i've seen!! thank you:chef:

We are eating out of the fridge/freezer tonight. Not sure what that'll be.

I checked my freezer and I am missing the three pieces of sausage I thought I had :pig:
So I am back to square one. Nothing else looked like anything I might be hungry for.

I checked my freezer and I am missing the three pieces of sausage I thought I had :pig:
So I am back to square one. Nothing else looked like anything I might be hungry for.

I thought you went to the store the other day Pac! Did you not pick up anything other than the beer?

I thought you went to the store the other day Pac! Did you not pick up anything other than the beer?

I don't remember :huh:
:LOL:

I went to the store just a couple miles down the road. I just picked up supplies for that's night supper.

:LOL:

Looks like you need to pay another visit then?:rolleyes:

I'll buy some items there, but truth be told after seeing Harry's shrimp (no offense, Harry ;)), I kind of feel like something else now. And that would require a drive into the city, which I'm not sure I'm willing to do. Plus it will throw off my pup's schedule.
Hmmm, I wonder if I have any clams in the pantry :yum:

I'll buy some items there, but truth be told after seeing Harry's shrimp (no offense, Harry ;)), I kind of feel like something else now
ok,so they were cold,they got bigger as they warmed up:ermm::ohmy:!!
no offence taken pac...jus make sure you test zee brakes on zee car ven you drive to zee store later old friend...ahh hah hah hah hah hahhhh:devilish:!!

Back
Top Bottom