Anniversary dinner for in-laws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdiprincess

Senior Cook
Okay so nothing too fancy but:
The menu is...
Dinner- pork chop loins with orange sauce
asparagus and mushrooms
Italian bread
Italian salad (cheeses, pepperoni, homemade itl. dressing)

Dessert:
homemade angel food cake with fruit salad and homemade whipped cream

Wine: we have some Bully Hill.. and maybe grab a white...

Side dessert:
Chocolate covered strawberries... this will be for them for whenever they'd like...I'll be doing the dipping myself...
and maybe a bottle of wine for that part...

I'm more wondering about the above menu.. is it enough? any ideas to step it up?
The fruit salad will be mangoes, kiwi, strawberry and maybe blueberries...
So let me know, Thanks.. oh and its tomorrow night..
I'm making the cake tonight and the strawberries too.. :chef:

Sounds good to me!! I think it sounds wonderful. Caring enough to spend the time to cook a home cooked meal, what else could someone ask for??

okay: angel food cake done.. first one and it seems to have worked..
dipped some strawberries.
sliced the strawberries and just went with strawberries only and mixed with balsamic vinegar and sugar and a little black pepper..
I made my tomato salad.. sliced tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, EVOO, White Balsamic vinegar.. don't want to ruin the tomato color..
We'll be dropping off food tonight as they get back in town tomorrow..
And I can go and set up..
I'm actually getting excited!!

It's fun to do things for someone else. That is why I love giving and I get embarrassed at getting, lol. I get very bad with compliments too. Have fun!!1

Last edited:
This is the sweetest thing, Princess! Your menu sounds delightful and romantic, too. I hope I'm lucky enough to get a daughter-in-law like you one day.

The whole dinner sounds delicious. The only thing I would add is a side dish of plain rice or a rice pilaf or couscous, which would be great with some of the orange sauce!

This is the sweetest thing, Princess! Your menu sounds delightful and romantic, too. I hope I'm lucky enough to get a daughter-in-law like you one day.

I agree. You are so thoughtful. I am sure they treasure you as if you were their own daughter.

Well thank you guys! We were going to take them out for dinner, but decided to do it at their house.. I'm getting excited.
I was thinking about the rice or couscous thing.. I think I'll grab a box of couscous.. it cooks faster.. LOL..
I'm glad I decided to do this. I ventured into Angel Cake making.. I got really nervous after reading the Angel Cake Woes Thread
And I get to enjoy the satisfaction of the family together, relaxed and happy!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f41/angel-food-cake-woes-42358.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom