Another Day in Paradise.. Dinner 4/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Easy night in the Bucks County Trimmertentiary....

Red Gravy with Mushrooms, Sausage and Roasted Garlic over Good Ol' #8...
SoS - Ken's Zesty Italian....... (Urp !)
..And a glass of Cabernet

Pasta with Mushrooms & Sausage.jpg

SO has been craving split pea soup. I don't have a ham bone and the market has not had smoked hocks available. So I'm making a half batch of the soup with liquid smoke and a pan seared ham steak I will chop up for the soup. We'll see how it goes.

I pulled a couple of chicken breasts from the freezer last night, transferred them to the fridge to defrost. They're just firm enough that I'll be able to cut in half. I'll be using them for "Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons", but I'll probably substitute Berbere seasoning for the turmeric. I'll serve them over orzo (so much cheaper than couscous, close enough for us) and use up the last of a lonely broccoli crown.

Spent all afternoon in the yard working in the garden to dinner is take out. 5 Guys burgers and fries. Salad too for me. 20200404_193425.jpg

Five Guys, we LOVE them!
We've never tried take out before... does anything get mushy or soggy Dave?

We're having Bacon Cheese Burgers (Avo and Kewpie on mine thanks)
from our own grill and Fries too.
My favorite bottle of Beer and Root Beer for My Mister

IMG_5394.jpg

For dessert later, we'll finish off the Chocolate Chip Cookies
with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
That'll be the last of Cookies until I can Find more Flour,
Which I understand from King Arthur Flour Company that
should be in about 3-4 weeks :ermm:

IMG_5673.jpg

We had eggplant parmesan with steamed and buttered purple brussels sprouts, parmesan garlic bread and the last of the "Smurf" cupcakes.

The eggplant and the brussels sprouts were complimets of Misfits Market. I highly recommend them. If you want more information and a discount code please PM me. You won't be sorry.

Empanadas

chicken and chili style empanadas

made my regular PR chicken style. took some of my chili from last night and made some with chili, sharp cheddar, and sour cream empanadas with an xtra sour cream dip. oh so good it turns out :)

Attachments

• IMG_7532.jpg
    IMG_7532.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7534.jpg
    IMG_7534.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7535.jpg
    IMG_7535.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7536.jpg
    IMG_7536.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7527.jpg
    IMG_7527.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7530.jpg
    IMG_7530.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78
We had the Italian sausage that I defrosted yesterday. We had it with crispy smashed potatoes and some "enhanced" canned, mixed vegis. The sausage and potatoes were really good. We both had seconds. The vegis, were okay - better than we expected, but kinda mushy. Well, they won't be a favourite, but it's good to know we don't hate them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_181741.jpg
    IMG_20200404_181741.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 93
Yum. We had eggplant parmesan and steamed brussels sprouts, all from the bounty of Misfits Market.

The eggplant, I thought, was a bit on the small side but it made enough to have another leftover meal. The brussels sprouts were enough for one meal but needed some work.

Finished the Smurf cupcakes. See "Today's Funny" for an explanation.

I made a batch of mushroom barley soup in the IP tonight, with no meat, but I did use chicken broth. I used some of those frozen cremini mushrooms, I prepared, when I stocked up when Aldi had them a few weeks ago. I also added a small amount of yellow miso - something that adds great flavor to mushroom soups. I first cooked the mirepoix, with a small chopped leek added, plus some garlic and rosemary added at the end. I used 3/4 c pearl barley, plus 1/3 c toor dal (only used this because it emptied the jar - usually, I'd use red lentils or moong dal), to add some more thickness to it, along with protein. I pressure cooked it 20 minutes, let the pressure release naturally, then added the thawed, browned mushrooms (it was good before the mushrooms were added!), and simmered 10 min. on the high slow cook, to blend the flavors. Garnished with a little chopped parsley.
Mushroom Barley soup. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I raided the freezer for chicken enchiladas, I'd made last month.. Made Spanish rice and doctored up canned refried beans..

Ginger snap cookies and milk accompanied our Netflix viewing..

Ross

Half sandwich with last of the deli turkey and a small bowl of homemade chicken vege soup for me, just soup for Craig.

Scored some Poblano peppers at the grocers. Couldn't believe it as we never have had them out here.

Last two nights -

Chicken Cheesy Stuffed Polanos on rice. Delish!

Attachments

• 20200403_170812.jpg
    20200403_170812.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 80
We had our Saturday Supper Soup - potato, onion, & kielbasa made with chicken broth. Side salad and the last of the brownies for dessert.

You need to keep the bag open and take the napkins off the top of everything in the bag. That will stop the fries from getting soggy. Otherwise the food travels okay.
Five Guys, we LOVE them!
We've never tried take out before... does anything get mushy or soggy Dave?

We're having Bacon Cheese Burgers (Avo and Kewpie on mine thanks)
from our own grill and Fries too.
My favorite bottle of Beer and Root Beer for My Mister

View attachment 40161

For dessert later, we'll finish off the Chocolate Chip Cookies
with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
That'll be the last of Cookies until I can Find more Flour,
Which I understand from King Arthur Flour Company that
should be in about 3-4 weeks :ermm:

View attachment 40162

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom