Another Manic Monday 1/23 ... What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrek is currently eating hot, buttered, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones with Lemon Curd and drinking a cup of tea...he almost looks civilized...:angel:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Shrek is currently eating hot, buttered, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones with Lemon Curd and drinking a cup of tea...he almost looks civilized...:angel:

Lemon curd will civilize even the most savage. The scones would complete the transformation.

Lemon curd will civilize even the most savage. The scones would complete the transformation.

Kind of odd watching an Ogre transform, IRL, seen it on the movie screen. He even has a real tea cup with a gold rim and everything...I'm having tea from a beaker.

It is Shrek's BD Today !! Many happy returns. A day to be celebrated in infamy and in famy. :)

Attachments

• Shrek.gif
    Shrek.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 161
Early dinner. or Late Lunch. Ok, it was breakfast. I was busy. I made Corn Meal Waffles. Recipe on the side of the little blue box that used to cost 10 for a dollar. You add eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir. Sit 5 minutes. Bake. It says it makes 3 waffles. I ate 3 and there's enough for breakfast tomorry. Crunchy and crisp OK Texture but not much Flavor. I should just buy a cup or two of corn meal at the food co-op next time. Yes, I had bacon and maple syrup. :winkiss:

Uncle Bob said:
Essence of Corn, Rye, and Malted Barley..........
Crawfish Etouffee.....
Salad.........
Pistolettes.......
Blue Bell Chocolate.........

Uncle Bob, you have a way with words........:yum:

Bacon Cheeseburgers and steak fries at our house tonight. Mrs 40 C is cookin tonight....somehow MY DuBuyer skillet got selected for this task.

i made mexican chili soup in my small crockpot. sorta followed a recipe. can of white beans with juice, can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes. green chilies.corn, onions,chopped up a cooked chicken breast thawed. garlic powder, pepper, and half pack of chili mix. tastes pretty good. still low enough in calories, if i have one serving. half piece of cornbread i also thawed. the quantities i used of each ingredients low enough in calories. i figure about 400 calories. only 260 for breakfast. i'm on a roll.

A first attempt at beef and broccoli. It was okay, but there will be changes next time. I am still working on getting the hang of velveting meat.

I decided to make some cauliflower to go along with the mushrooms... "in memory" of AndyM on the beaches of Aruba ;)

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 141
i made mexican chili soup in my small crockpot. sorta followed a recipe. can of white beans with juice, can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes. green chilies.corn, onions,chopped up a cooked chicken breast thawed. garlic powder, pepper, and half pack of chili mix. tastes pretty good. still low enough in calories, if i have one serving. half piece of cornbread i also thawed. the quantities i used of each ingredients low enough in calories. i figure about 400 calories. only 260 for breakfast. i'm on a roll.

I jotted that down, thanks Babe! Sounds good!

Well, it was 'tovers for dinner, but leftover spaghetti instead of the roast.
However, dessert was new.
Blueberry gingerbread cake with sweetened yogurt cream. 4 thumbs way up.

400139_10150546264199004_598294003_8835422_1351824729_n.jpg

:yum: Wanting some of those 'shrooms and cauliflower too....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom