Anyone cookin today? Dec 4, Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spring rolls, Sweet`n`sour Chicken, Egg fried rice with veg and maybe some Prawn crackers.

and hopefully an early night!

We went away for the weekend, but we're back home now and i'm back to cooking. We're having steak with caramelized onions and roasted red potatoes, sweet green peas with butter and rolls. The steak are a thick N.Y. Strip, my favorite cut!

Thinking Monte Cristo sandwiches today with a nice coleslaw. The other option is chicken cacciatore, which I feel like we just had. So, that will likely be tomorrows supper!

My gang is getting minestrone, and french dip sandwiches..Whatever I've got, I cough so darn much I'm not feeling like standing and cooking a large meal..I have some ice cream and cookies for dessert if anyone is so inclined:LOL:
kadesma

kadesma said:
My gang is getting minestrone, and french dip sandwiches..Whatever I've got, I cough so darn much I'm not feeling like standing and cooking a large meal..I have some ice cream and cookies for dessert if anyone is so inclined:LOL:
kadesma

Think you must have the flu kadesma. UGH! I'm thinking your crew is lucky to get fed at all when you feel so lousy! You are the best.

Last night we had stuffed cabbage and cornbread - there are enough left for Bob and I to have dinner tonight again - might have to add a little more kraut to them - but yumm yumm. We've got to take the Halloween decorations to storage and get out the Christmas decorations so I can work on decorating the boat so an easy leftover dinner is in order. :)

Spinach, Vidalia onion and blue cheese calzones with tossed salad. Probably no dessert. I think we should be saving calories for Christmas goodies later in the month.

Cold as crap here today. About 18 degrees when I got up this morning. Only about 32 degrees now even with bright sunshine.

We're having an assortment of leftovers tonight, there's 2 soft tacos, 1/2 of a NY strip, spaghetti, some sort of braised beef dish hubby had Friday night, a few chicken strips, & 6 yeast rolls.

YT2095 said:
Spring rolls, Sweet`n`sour Chicken, Egg fried rice with veg and maybe some Prawn crackers.

and hopefully an early night!

Seems you went Chinese tonight!

For me, it was a big pan of Greek Pumpkin & Cheese Pie, cabbage & carrot salad along with Pumpkin Upside-down Cake with Cranberry Walnut Topping. It was a modified recipe that I tried for the first time and it turned out very well. So tomorrow, I will give cooking for lunch a miss.

This whole week is crazy as far as dinner goes - today I made some chili and threw it in the crockpot so we can eat when we get home from dd's basketball game-otherwise we wouldn't eat til late late late.

I'm dealing with that whole GERD (Gastric Esophagel Reflux Disease) thing again........it flaired up last night at work and is still letting me know its not going anywhere. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow if he can get me in. My own fault for letting my prescription run out and cancelling my last appointment............their right we nurses do make the worst patients :) .

Anyway.........wasn't sure if my stomach could handle anything and pretty timid but DH went to the local Chinese Resturant and brought home some Beef & Broccoli with rice and all in all I didn't keel over.

I really need to make something special tomorrow though as I was laid up in bed Saturday and worked Sunday so he hasn't had a home cooked meal since last Thursday........poor thing is probably thinking aliens have taken me over :)

We have a can of off brand chili in the cupboard that everybody has been looking at as if it is being saved for the "last supper". Since NQ wanted pizza, I decided to eat the chili. I always add some whole kernel corn to give it a little texture. We had some lil' debbies for dessert. I guess we are all having our share of the artic blast. I knew winter was coming, I just thought somebody would have the good sense to procrastinate on it until another election year.

StirBlue said:
We have a can of off brand chili in the cupboard that everybody has been looking at as if it is being saved for the "last supper". Since NQ wanted pizza, I decided to eat the chili. I always add some whole kernel corn to give it a little texture. We had some lil' debbies for dessert. I guess we are all having our share of the artic blast. I knew winter was coming, I just thought somebody would have the good sense to procrastinate on it until another election year.
I took my GS early one morning from his parents house so we could have some quality time w/eachother. We only shopped about an hour but there at the market, I got him little Debbies donuts. He ate a package of them, I gave him another and he said, "Here Grammie, I'll save this fo latah." << he's two, that's him in my photo...............so I tucked it away. when I got home my DS#1 asked for some, he opened up the package and said, "mom these have mold on them." to my horror, he was right, they did:(

I made my Fried Chicken legs, some rice, and corn. We finished off the last of my second loaf of banana bread as well. I might have to do some more baking, but, I have to work today, and now that the last of the furniture is in the new home, I've got to do some more unpacking, and try to get the garage cleaned out some more. Fun. Yee. Haa.

sauteed chix with red pepper coulis, couscous with sun-driedtomatoes, & sauteed veggies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom