Anyone cooking dinner tonight? 1/23 Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I don't know that I'll cook tonight. If I decide to, I'll post here. Maybe reading other's menu's will give me inspiration.

I am going to make a batch of cookies using a new spice I got. It's called 7 Spices Blend and it's from Jordan. Only problem is, it only lists 6 of the 7 ingredients. Wonder what the last one is? Allspice, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, rose, cardamom and ???????? Any clues? It's not cinnamon, it's not garlic, maybe ground corriander? Anyway, on another board, someone suggested that using it in a plain sugar cookie recipe could be quite wonderful, so I will.

Anyone making dinner tonight? If so, what so, so I can copy you...:-p

We're going to a play tonight.
I'll be meeting Paul in town... He's eating at the Microsoft cafe and I'll
just make some soup or a sandwich here.

We're just having potted meat sandwiches. I need a little break from the weekend:mrgreen: I don't know what took longer, cooking or cleaning the kitchen over and over.:wacko:

We are going out with my parents tonight to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. I have no idea where we are going to eat though. I would love to get sushi, but my parents are paying and that can get expensive so I would like to find a less expensive option.

I'm going to try sneaking a few anise seeds into this and see if I can get away with it...I'm making a roasted pork loin with a fig marsala sauce..I don't think the fennel wil over power it, as It's in the brine, I've got the pork in..We shal see. The sauce is made with butter,shallots,garlic,lemon juice,sherry vinegar and honey..I'm going to serve it with roasted herbed potatoes and some sauteed spinach, dessert is just some little shortbread tarts I found, then filled with lemon curd,topped with whipped cream and a slice of strawberry.

kadesma:)

We are having shrimp marinated in an oil/butter/red wine vinegar salad dressing, then shoved in the oven till shrimp turn pink. Green salad and French bread to sop up da juice. One of HH's favorites.

Miraculously, there's still enough of Sierra's Dutch apple pie for dessert all around.

Had some leftover enchilada sauce and charro beans so I'm putting them to good use tonight. I'll be topping some corn tostadas with refried beans, browned ground beef with enchilada sauce, cheese and salad. They're called "chalupas".

Roast chicken, buttered corn, brussel sprouts, fruit salad and corn bread, also Iced tea - it is hot here - over 80 deg today at least 20 deg above normal.

Made barley soup with potatoes and carrots. Got a loaf of bread from the bakery. Nice on a day when we got 6" of snow.

we made sauteed zucchini, sauteed mushrms. & eggplant parmesan in school today. i'm hungry again, so i'm want to get some soup. gotta see what's on the soup menu.

never did cook dinner. didn't get round to it. I took a steak out of the freezer for the DH and I'll do that with a baked potatoe and a salad. quicky meal, not much in the mood to get really creative. did that last week and my back paid the price.

Split Pea soup homemade but from the freezer - 6 years after successful surgery my TMJ came back with a vengance this am so I'm nursing my jaw and eating Aleve and soup is all I can handle! Boo hoo hoo!

I ended up making some Chicken Helper (gasp!) Cheesy Mexican and some corn.

It's actually rather good. I like the suggestion on the box to use the resulting mix to stuff taco shells or tortillas.

I may do that one day in the future, although I've got a great homemade recipe for rice the comes close to the rice you get at Taco Bell or Taco Bueno (for you folks down south).

We had re-runs of Mexican Stuffed Peppers, served with plain ole canned corn, salsa, and sour cream. I put the corn and salsa in the dish with the peppers when I heated them up, and it was yummy!

Tonight, we're having pan-seared salmon fillets and vegetables braised in chicken broth (broccoli, cauliflower, and baby carrots). That's all so healthy that I may have to make a chocolate bread pudding. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom