Anyone Eating this Evening? 9-3-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We are having burritos that are based on a local chain's vegetable burritos.

Had an early dinner of sautéed pork chops, caramelized onion, and plantain mashed with onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper. Thought there were apples to go with the chops. Disappointed there were not.

Dx is making baked falafels with a mixed lemony cucumber tomato onion parsley and mint relish. I made a spicy cooked then chilled carrot salad. She promises she's making dessert too.

We are going fishing on a fresh water lake and the only way the fish bite is if we are holding tuna fish sandwiches in our hands at that time. The sandwiches usually go flying. So that is what we are having. With lemonade. We are 75 degrees F and cooling off.

Spent the afternoon getting ready for tomorrow's cookout. A pick up supper of pot stickers, dumplings and a salad will do the trick.

Keeping it gout friendly with smoked and Pulled King Oyster Mushroom sandwiches.

Sandwich.jpeg

I forgot to eat this morning, so I should probably eat dinner. We're heading to the store to find something I can throw in the smoker. Probably boneless pork ribs and beans.

Burrito filling is a cooked mixture of roasted poblano peppers, onion, garlic, and corn. This was cooled and oaxaca cheese and crema were added. Also, green rice. Topped with a green sauce made with tomatillos
Craig made refried black beans.

Attachments

• 2017-09-03 19.09.08.jpg
    2017-09-03 19.09.08.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
We are going out for Chinese food to finally celebrate our Sept 1 anniversary. We decided even though we are low-key, DQ didn't cut it. :LOL:

15 blue gills, pretty much too small to clean. Still, it was a pleasure to watch the lake become perfectly still, watching our bobbers, watching the sun begin to set. Calming. The tuna sandwiches were good.

Sounds like a really wonderful afternoon out on the lake, Bliss. :)

Great looking and sounding dinners, everyone!

Keeping it gout friendly with smoked and Pulled King Oyster Mushroom sandwiches.

James, I gotta tell you. On my facebook one of my friends was talking about selling some kind of salsa I had never heard of. So he used his dad's recipe and has been selling out at his farmer's market booth. It had peppers that were sauteed, and I had to google it since I'd never heard of it. So this first youtube video comes up and it is YOU, in living color, making this kind of salsa I'd never seen before. I thought, 'hey, it's our powerplantop cooking!'. That was really fun and exciting.Great job on your youtube demonstrations!

Back
Top Bottom