Anyone interested in an IRL cookie exchange?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Home chef

Senior Cook
I realize I am still a bit new to this forum but I am totally addicted! I have met so many wonderful people here and learned so much. I have a great deasl of respect and admiration everyone here.

With that said, I was wondering if there is any interest in a real life cookie exchange. I was thinking about taking names of all interested parties and placing the names in a hat. Those names would then be matched up with a partner. You would then make a batch of your favorite cookies and ship them to each other along with the recipe on a recipe card with a note about the cookie. You can ask for as few as one partner or as many as you like. This is something I could easily coordinate. Plus, since it is the season of baking, what's an extra batch or two gonna hurt, right?

Any thoughts? Ideas? Whatever?

Before we go any further, here are some stipulations / rules I thought of...

1. Please try to make your cookies as original as possible.

2. When submitting your name also include any dietary restrictions.

3. Although a fancy presentation isn't necessary, please, no piles of cookies on paper plates.

4. Along with the cookies, please include the recipe and possibly a brief story about how the recipe came to life.

5. All packages must be shipped by the 20th of December. Hopefully this will insure delivery before Christmas.

Anything I left out?

Wow, I really thought there would be a much bigger response to this thread. Maybe I should have started it a month ago so people could get to it sooner.

Today is our final posting day for foreign letters and parcels to ensure delivery before Christmas - and anyway, I think your Customs are pretty tight on importation of foodstuffs!:)

Ishbel said:
Today is our final posting day for foreign letters and parcels to ensure delivery before Christmas - and anyway, I think your Customs are pretty tight on importation of foodstuffs!:)
I think it's the same here Ish, our last day is some time this week (got all my stuff out ages ago). I know that customs can be pretty darn picky if they want to be, but if there was anyone else in the Rebuplic of Ireland who was interested I'd be happy to swap cookies (or should I say "biscuits" :)).

Sure, I see your point. However, there are still a TON of people who live here in the states. Plus, those of you in the EU and other parts of Europe can still participate amongst yourselves.

:):) Well Chef.. it might just be you and I.

Maybe we should do it on "Heart" day instead.
It'd give other members more time to plan.

That just might work. I think you want to do it on Valentines day so you can get a sweet valentine from ME:wub:

Home chef said:
Sure, I see your point. However, there are still a TON of people who live here in the states. Plus, those of you in the EU and other parts of Europe can still participate amongst yourselves.

Yes, but it would be nice if you acknowledged that there are now a LOT of the members on here who do not live in the USA. :cool:

Ishbel said:
Yes, but it would be nice if you acknowledged that there are now a LOT of the members on here who do not live in the USA. :cool:

Oops, I see your point. I'm just stuck in the mindset that America is the one and only superpower:ROFLMAO:

I know there are TONS of members outside of the States. Perhaps if we put it off until Valentines Day we can include all our fabulous countries:)

Honestly, I meant no harm and didn't mean to disassociate the US with the rest of the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom