Anything Good to Eat? Sat May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I went to the store for potato salad fixings since that is what I'm taking to the pot luck cookout on Monday. Found some crabcakes that looked good so we'll have those with some rice and salads.

We're about to leave for a cookout. Dogs, burgers and whatever sides everyone has brought. We're taking a Greek peasant salad and orange brownies.

Dinner today is an unrelated mis-match of leftovers. Looks to be somewhat spirited but not desperate. Quite tasty in an abstract sort of way.

Ok, it's Mexican rice casserole, baked beans, one slice of pizza, pickles and salad veggies without any lettuce to throw everything on the plate off kilter.

A good way to free up some refrigerator space and fill the tummy. I feel good. :yum:

Pastrami, egg, cheese and slaw sandwich, chili with cheese and onions as a side.

It's warm and muggy and neither Stirling nor I felt like cooking, so I put out some cheese, Genoa salami, a whole grain baguette, some sliced apple, and some cauliflower and celery to dip in some homemade ranch dressing.

Cheeses: mild cheddar, 2 year old Balderson cheddar, pecorino Romano, Danish blue cheese, mozzarella, and some Norwegian Jarlsberg that we forgot to eat. DH had white wine and I had red wine. It made a great warm weather meal. :pig:

I had some leftover salmon from last night so I flaked it with some sauteed onions and garlic.......Good!.......A little brown rice and some pre-made chili rellenos.

We spent the day "putzin'" around and, in the end, I made some of what turned out to be awesome breaded pork cutlets with a nice light sauce. Added some mashed taters and a salad and what is about the last of the oreo chocolate cake for dessert.

We're cool and the night is moving nicely into a beautiful relaxing time. Our day has been good.

It's been quite hot here and it's very good to spend the evening just "cooling" indoors. Supposed to be near 100F tomorrow.

I made the Porterhouse steak. Teddy Bear got the bone. I was going to make pearl onions and mushrooms with it, didn't bother. I could only eat the strip part of it. I will pick at it on Sunday. Very tender, tasty. :yum:

We went to a new Swiss Chalet that just opened in our neighbourhood. We used to go to another one a little down the highway near where we live, but it really went down hill. But we were very pleasantly surprised by this new one. I ate fish and a huge pile of chips, coleslaw, a side of mushrooms and chocolate fudge cake for desert! That is the most I have eaten in a few weeks! :) I am finally starting to feel better!

Vanilla yogurt, tomato soup, and a half-sized turkey sandwich (two slices turkey lunch-meat on one slice sourdough bread).

Grilled wings. Two kinds. Blue cheese on the left and garlic/parm on the right.

Attachments

• wings two kinds.jpg
    wings two kinds.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom