Apple Pie Toppings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clotted cream is good. I dont like anything on my applepie. Partly because i don't like apple pie. I don't know why. I like apples,i like cinnamin, i like baked apples, i usaed to like apple pie, but for some reason i dont now.

I can't believe no one brought up that old saying! There is a very old saying (at least it is older than me--in fact I think it is from at least as early as the '40s), "Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze!"

I've never had cheddar cheese on my pie, but I have to admit I am a little curious. Maybe I'll try it someday. I like Dutch apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

:) Barbara

SierraCook said:
I like my pie topped with cider sauce and vanilla ice cream. One of my favorite pies is from Kid's Inc. at Apple Hill, CA.

http://www.kidsincapples.com/menu.html

gotta second this one.
Apple Hill outside Placerville California, is not to be missed if one can help it. September and October, they go nuts there.
They have every kind of apple you can imagine.
Every recipe ever thought of too.
I personally love their apple cake.
It's divine.
I have their cook book.
If ever around the area around that time of year, do yourself a favor and stop by, you'll be glad you did.

can someone please pass me the clotted cream please?
I love that stuff.
but like it most in Ireland or Scotland.
I guess if you think about it, if you were to take a raw slice of apple and a thin slice of your favorite cheese, top the apple with the cheese and pop in your mouth, it'd make sense that it works too with hot apple pie.
:?

In Yorkshire it is a tradition to eat Apples and cheese together - usually the crumbly, slightly salty-tasting Wensleydale. I used to work with a yorkshire woman who used to bring granary rolls filled with Wensleydale for her lunch. She then patiently sat, slicing an apple, to add to the rolls. 8)
Curiosity made me try it - and it was good.....

I wonder if that's where the cheese/apple thing originated?

I consider myself an open-minded individual but the thought of adding cheese to anything with apple, um, doesn't appeal to me. Gimme a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with hot butterscotch as a topper!

miguzigoldfish said:
clotted cream is good. I dont like anything on my applepie. Partly because i don't like apple pie. I don't know why. I like apples,i like cinnamin, i like baked apples, i usaed to like apple pie, but for some reason i dont now.

I know this is a bad question......
forgive me, but how old are you?
your picture makes you look very very young

Apple pie with cheddar? OF COURSE!

Apple pie with Vanilla Ice Cream (especially French Vanilla?) YES

Apple pie, cooked with extra cinnamon and raisins? (PUULLLEASE!)

Apple pie with either whipped or clotted cream? YES!

Heretic that I am, I can even tell you that, late at night, in the freezing dark, when the CQ brings up the "treats" at the "sharp end", it tastes good even if you mistake the "ketchup" tube for the "cheese" tube...even if its not pretty to look at in the light of day...

Lifter

hmmmm i just ate apple pie late midnight snack with some extra creamy ice cream on top. Topped with some cinnomin sugar spice

Vanilla Bean ice cream tasted really good with the Apple Pie I made awhile back!!!!

But a pie with a "crisp" topping tastes fantastic with a simple chilled vanilla sauce!!!!

oh, man, even I eat apple pie... yum.. and i'm the sweets-hater. hot with vanilla ice cream is so good!

LEFSElover said:
Apple Hill outside Placerville California, is not to be missed if one can help it. September and October, they go nuts there.
They have every kind of apple you can imagine.
Every recipe ever thought of too.
I personally love their apple cake.
It's divine.
I have their cook book.

If ever around the area around that time of year, do yourself a favor and stop by, you'll be glad you did.

Apple Hill is a blast!! I have never seen so many kinds of apples in my life. I have two of their cookbooks, my favorite recipe is their Dutch apple pie. It is so easy to make and is a favorite of the guys at work.

Absolutely LEFSElover, apple pie is not good without that little chunk of cheddar, just does not taste right. I often now will eat an apple with cheese.

OK...for a second there I thought you called yourselves wedgies! I have to go clean my contacts...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom