April 5th Thursday, dinner anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
We're here in Cancun and all of us are going to get together for fun during the day and a yummy dinner at the Resort next door for dinner. It's supposedly a giant buffet with all the everything [steak, lobstah, langastines, crab, seafood, etc.] you can eat for a sset price. I can't eat much plus my food is limited but heck, I'm game for anything once.:ROFLMAO:

So what's everyone doing for dinner tonight, where it's 1:17 AM here in Cancoonie. Happy Thursday.

Happy Thursday LEFS..

Salad! I'm so pleased salad weather has arrived...I just can't eat a lot of salad when its cold outside, but I can now its warmer here! Also, we have to get to the supermarket before everything closes for Easter, so praying DH gets home on time today...other wise it will be pasta in bianco and raw carrots for the easter break, rofl

We are having pork chop suey over rice with rice noodles as the topper. If time permits, like to make a dessert. Easter shopping today for Grandsons. :bunny:

I'm going to be flying to Amsterdam during dinnertime so I'll probably grab something on the run.

I wish I could join you at the buffet Lefselover! I will be out most of the day so tonight will be a potroast in the crockpot, buttered egg noodles, herves varicots, and apple sauce. Dessert will be leftovers from last night, strawberry jam bars.

Garlic Roast chicken, cumin potatoes, honey glazed carrots, buttered french beans and lots of gravy. We might as well have a blast, tomorrow is Good Friday we are supposed to eat less until Easter Sunday.

Barb L. said:
We are having pork chop suey over rice with rice noodles as the topper. If time permits, like to make a dessert. Easter shopping today for Grandsons. :bunny:

Thats what we had on Monday....don't you just love it....it's one of my all-time comfort foods.

I have some chicken breasts thawing out as I type. I think I'll marinate it in some evoo, fresh garlic, scallions, ginger, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. I'll serve it on top of some fried rice with asian style sugar snap peas.

Bourbon...Wild Turkey Kentucy Spirit:clap:

A few fried oysters as an appy:cool:

Grilled salmon...On the grill even:ermm:

Sauteed mix veggies:neutral:

Chocolate Ice Cream:rolleyes:

Bourbon...Old Grand Dad 114 as a nightcap!:sleep:

Just as I retired last night, I learned a dear old friend was wanting to come over, with his brother. We have never met his brother because he has lived in Germany since the '60's. So I pulled out some pork chops from the freezer. Now I learn one more is coming. Only have 4 chops so will have to make do. Will use Kadsmas' onion sauce and chops, fresh mashed potatoes, baked mashed sweet potatoes (will she never use all those tubers?) and another coconut custard impossible pie. Made one last week and thankfully there is not enough left so must make a new one. This is one dish that really shines with the madagascar vanilla.;)

Today is my birthday, so my husband insisted on cooking me dinner. He also said he would pick up the ingredients he needed at the store, cook, and clean up. :glare: We will see. He wants to make me BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, and a salad. Sounds great! He also got a friend of his to make me a homemade b-day cake. Yum!

I am having the leftover crab and scallop stuffed sole, au gratin potatoes, and corn for lunch today, so I suppose I will be having a nice big salad for supper.

Happy birthday, JCook!

I'm waiting for the ILs to show up at any time. They offered to take us out by they haven't seen Sofie since Christmas so I wanted to make sure we had enough re-get-to-know-you time for the three of them. I'm in the middle of making a big pan of baked ziti that will be easy to heat up whenever we're ready to heat. I'll serve it with salad and broccoli with sauteed garlic and red pepper flakes. I didn't even think about a dessert until now!:huh:

Well, today is my husband's big "50" birthday. He's not a big birthday celebrater(sp?), but I think I came up with something that might just whet his whistle.

First off, I bought a gift certificate for two for a hot-air balloon ride across central Virginia on the date of our choice within a year's time, followed by a champagne celebration. I went out & bought one of those mylar helium balloons & tied the gift certificate to it - pretty crafty, huh? Lol!! (The cats are mesmerized & the cockatoo is having a nervous breakdown - lol!!)

Second, I bought him a bunch of big coffee-table-type books on subjects of interest to him, along with some DVD's.

Third, I bought a platter of sushi rolls for an appetizer, to be followed by 2 lovely lobsters, followed by eclairs (his favorite dessert).

Do you think I done good?

You did more than good Breezy -- all my birthdays combined, never was that awesome--Happy Birthday to your Hubby and have a great time !

Back
Top Bottom