Are we cooking today? 6/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Only two kids in the house today so, I'm going to give this a try, you use finely sliced beef serloin, dusted with flour,salt and peppered then saute in butter, do the same with 2 onions thinly sliced til nice and brown, put in pan with beef,pour beer over the beef and onion, reduce heat and add a dash of Worcestershire,cover and simmer about 45 min. Just before serving add about 1 Tab of sugar and serve with boiled potatoes, I'm using yukon golds.. we will also have salad, artichokes, hot rolls, and left over ice cream for dessert.
What are you planning to fix?

kadesma:)

What am I going to fix? That's a very good question....

I'll have to think for awhile.

pdswife said:
What am I going to fix? That's a very good question....

I'll have to think for awhile.
Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to have time to think all by myself:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

kadesma

I wish I could give you some time alone. Have you tried hiding in the bathroom? lol.

Decided on sloppy Joes. Paul mentioned the other day that
he didn't even know what they were. Now I just have to find a good recipe.

Blackened Tilapia, Knorr Broccoli Rice and Cheese, and green beans. Got compliments on the fish, although I thought it wasn't spicy enough.

My mom had to empty her freezer for their move - her stuff came to my freezer...so I went to get something out for supper and couldn't find a thing! Went to the little local market, got 2 ribeyes. mr. callie grilled those to perfection and I roasted all the fresh veggies I could find.

Unfortuntely I was AOL when it came to dinner time tonight. I was at dad and moms sorting through their belongings.........preparing for the unfortunate upcoming auction of their things. Spent 11 hours today working on it.

dw cooked last night. she made delicious chicken fingers and cheesey mashed potatoes dfor an early supper, and then meatballs/sauce with spaghetti for our late night dinner.

i'm very proud of her. everything was very tender and delicious. i taught her how to make meatballs, and i think her's are better than mine now. and the chicken fingers were the best i've ever had.
lol, unfortunately she's become coy about what she puts in the breading for the chicken tenders. i guess that is the first sign she's becoming a good cook. :chef:

Last night was spinach-mozzarella ravioli, lightly dressed with some butter, extra-virgin olive oil, & grated parmesan cheese.

For us it was brunch party leftovers. I took the new potatoes, sausage, boiled eggs, chopped up, then sauteed into a sort of hash.

Back
Top Bottom