Are you able to put some ethnic on the table? 7-30-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As to the topic at hand, I have an ethnic meal for us, ala Americana,
Meatloaf My Way, Fresh steamed Green Beans and some other undetermined side.
:LOL:
When ever I make Meatloaf, it winds up being a two-fer or really three meals for us two.
Three pounds of combined meats can go a pretty long way in our house.
One small Meatloaf in-robed in BACON,
and then a dozen and a half large-ish Meat Balls for later.

002.JPG
The undetermined side wound up being the leftover Home Fries from Brunch, YUM!

Happy birthday, Craig.

I fired up the Weber and grilled a tri tip. :yum: Salad and garlic bread for sides.

Cheryl, that looks de~lish!

As much as I ranted and raved over their math in the Good Housekeeping recipe for Shrimp & Mango Skewers... I made it tonight... and it is AMAZING!!!

Of course, I took liberties with it but basically stayed true to it. The sauce/mint/curry/lime on them was fantastic. I highly recommend this. I will post my version tomorrow as I can't concentrate because I've run out of my white wine... :ermm::ohmy::wacko::(:ROFLMAO:

I did them in a cast I pan, original is grilled but my patio is being relaid and the grill is not handy. I also used peas as I am sure I have spinach somewhere in the freezer but it was too deep for me to find - they had fresh spinach with the couscous - peas are fine!

I also added barely one grind of salt to the yogurt.
Was soo good. I'll make it tomorrow as well, think I have enough yogurt.
BTW - that is a luncheon plate, not a dinner plate. There were 7 shrimp and as the mango was a little on the 'ripe' side, I couldn't cut them in big enough pieces even if I wanted to grill them.

Oops sorry, didn't mean for this to turn into a novella...

Dragn, that's one super lookin' dish!

Kgirl, I pulled up this great thread from last year.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/simple-ways-to-cook-fish-96157.html

I think I'll do a simple butter/lemon sauce with some buttered Panko on the top.

That's one perfectly cooked tri tip Cheryl!!

Update K, once the dinner dishes are done... hopefully you took a photo ... and thanks for the link :chef:

Andy, your taco seasoning blend sounds really good. Thank you for posting it.

dragn...looks delish. One of my fave little restaurants here has a shrimp and mango salad on greens with a citrus vinaigrette...I love it. Shrimp and mango go together nicely. Looking forward to seeing the recipe!

RF...also looking forward to hearing about your TJ's Korean beef ribs. :yum:

Mmmm....good looking dinner there, kgirl. I LOVE meatloaf, and that bacon takes it over the top...!

Kay and kgirl...thank you! Another 30 seconds on the grill and that tri tip would have been overdone. :ermm::LOL: The fish thread you posted was fun to look through and I saved it. I also like fish seasoned pretty simply most of the time.

Everyone's dinners sound delish!

Last edited:
Everyone's dinners LOOK and sound wonderful!

Chicken soup today and lunches for a few days. The stock is simmering.

Happy birthday.

Chicken soup over brown rice topped with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano and pecorino romano.

27696-albums1087-picture7041.jpg

Once again, some dinner beauties from the DC crowd! I did end up cooking - and baking!

Supper tonight was a frittata full of stuff: bacon, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, ham, spinach, cheddar cheese. Cooked that up in my old Wagner cast iron pan, and paired with leftover Grands biscuit. Scones for dessert.

Attachments

• 20170730_214432.jpg
    20170730_214432.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 154
My plate of Craig's dinner. I'm not real big on his potato dumplings, in fact usually make spaetzle for myself, but didn't feel like it yesterday. So, he gets 7-1/2 dumplings all to himself. He likes to slice and fry leftovers in butter, then put a fried egg on top for breakfast.

N94K0A0mCZqL5Uc888W1g97ivfYTPcWpq8ERApBLNGApX92IB

I guess I am. Will simmer fake sausage in some sauerkraut.

Just read the thread....also will be having peach cobbler and DH is currently out fetching some real, dairy vanilla ice cream. We also have been eating heavy the past few days (have been traveling) but that won't stop the dairy infraction.
Bethzaring, so, I saw that recipe for the vegan sausages, and I kept the tab open, as I can't decide if I'm going to try it or not. How did you like it?

Happy belated Birthday, Craigsy!

I could go for some sauerbraten.

I guess we had ethnic American. Grilled skinless chicken breasts and thighs, grilled red peppers and vidalia onions, broccoli slaw, and salad.

(grilled on gas = 'merican)

Back
Top Bottom