August 1st - What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure those dehydrated scalloped potatoes have the instructions right there on the box :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:

yum, pac. make enough for everyone.

you sent your wife away for her birthday?
i admire you more and more everyday...:cool:

i'm just getting out of work now, so if i can stay awake, i'm going to make pork parmagiana.

the pork i defrosted that i thought were boneless rib chops ended up being top sirloin "chops", or really mini steaks. to me, a chop has a bone, hence the name.

in any case, i hope to pound them out, bread, fry, then bake nestled in sauce and covered with parm and mozz.

Wish my husband would send me away fro my birthday :LOL: I usually end up cooking!
We had take out tonight, it was grocery shopping day and this "dodo" got lost on the way back and ended up packaging meat till just before dinner. Long story short, I ended up lost in the bush with no living soul around, my nerves are shot!

Just took a Falafel loaf out of the oven for dinner. That and a salad and a scoop of some left-over cream & peach "soup" pie from yesterday. <--- tastes fantastic but is just a runny, gooey mess

I just made up some pico to go along with the Mexican chicken dish I'll be fixing. I'll wrap some in a couple of torts to push along the sauce.

Leftover brined and grilled pork loin chops with mashed potatoes and whatever else I can scrounge.

Had a fry up. Shickon wang, buffalo turds, fries, veggies and dip...

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Lifesaver, are you planning to cook that bacon?:LOL:

For us it was brined pork chops and zuccini on the grill, corn on the cob and home grown tomatoes...had to do a baked potatoe for dh.

mmmm, I love limp bacon! Nice job LS.

Action shot of the corn grilling. I blackened the poblano on the grill, too, then put it in a bag to steam.
grilled corn.jpg
And everything plated.
chicken,ploblano,pico,salsa verde.jpg

Everything except the bananas foster that is... that is yet to come :)

Steak (striploin), roasted potatoes, zucchini, peppers, onion and peapods sautéed in my new wok! And we are recovering right now before we have dessert. My french exchange student is making us crepes. OMG...so good. I'll take a picture of that.

mmmm, I love limp bacon! Nice job LS.

Action shot of the corn grilling. I blackened the poblano on the grill, too, then put it in a bag to steam.
View attachment 11671
And everything plated.
View attachment 11672

Everything except the bananas foster that is... that is yet to come :)
I like medium bacon that bends. I hate bacon that shatters when you touch it.

When you grill your corn you just soak it for awhile and grill it silks and all right?

I like medium bacon that bends. I hate bacon that shatters when you touch it.

When you grill your corn you just soak it for awhile and grill it silks and all right?

Crumbly bacon is for salads ;)

I just tear off the tuft of silk and have at it. No soaking, though I used to soak it when I threw it right in the coals when camping. I don't find soaking is necessary when grilling on a grate. And the silk comes off practically on it's own when shucking after it has cooked.

We went out for my early birthday dinner tonight. Longhorn Steakhouse. I had NY strip steak, 1/8 of a small baked potato (with butter and sour cream, my girl got the rest of the tater since she opted for salad and steamed broccoli with her meal), asparagus (with butter and grated parmesan cheese), tossed salad with blue cheese dressing, 1 slice bread (with butter) and unsweetened ice tea with a bit of pomegranate syrup and lemon. I took 1/2 the steak and asparagus home. My blood sugar was 111 when I tested 2 hours later.

Big ol' bacon cheese burgers, french fries, and a lovely caprese salad, with cherry tomatoes and ciliegine (little mozzarella balls.) Really hit the spot!

happy early birthday, mofet.

your bacon looks perfect, ls!!! yum. that's the kind of stuff i like with liver, too.

Bobby Q Shicken and stuff.......

where ya been, uncle bob? i've been looking for your responses on a coupla things that came up on the forum.
don't ask me now because i suffer from c.r.s. when i work double shifts.

in that light, i never got up to cook today, so the pork will have to wait until chewsday.

i'm probably going to be going out for souvlaki and fries soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom