August 20th, Dinner ideas, Wednesdsay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I am up at 3AM and am already thinking of dinner plans.
What's that about?
Don't know yet but bet by the time I get home and read this thread it'll be clear what my dinner plans will be too.
So whatcha makin?

ohmygosh, it is our wedding anniversary:ohmy:, and dh's birthday is in two days...haven't thought about it, but it probably will contain potatoes and green beans....need to go check the freezer for a tasty meat product...

I was thinking about grilling a turkey breast but will wait til Sat when DH will be awake to eat it!
I'll grill something tho.... too hot in here to cook. :(

I fixed a big pot of goulash for dinner yesterday but DH ended up taking me out to celebrate me getting a new job so tonight it'll be goulash.

It's my big cooking day - so Salmon Wellington, Seafood Stew and Cod Portugese followed by strawberry puff pastry and fruit salad. We have just finished the prep & Neil has left leaving me to the final cooking when our friends come round later to eat it up.

Not ever sure... DH has to go in for root canals, so I'm betting something soft and mushy?

Happy Anniversary Beth!

ohmygosh, it is our wedding anniversary:ohmy:, and dh's birthday is in two days...haven't thought about it, but it probably will contain potatoes and green beans....need to go check the freezer for a tasty meat product...
HAPPY ANIVERSARY Beth..hope the day is special

kadesma

tonight I'm taking a filet roast and carving off some slices which I will cut in pieces, these will go into a hot skillet with butter and evoo and meet some sliced mushrooms, onions and garlic..Then everything will be piled onto some french rolls that we've buttered, mayo'd and just might have a dab or two of mustad, lettuce, tomato and avocado, and pan juices are optional:LOL: Potato salad, some fruit and that is it. Dessert,a tart made with nectarines from our tree..
kadesma

I'm thinking steak tonight,
I picked up a couple of nice NY strip steaks, small but thick cut, with sauteed mushrooms, onion, garlic, jalopenos, baked potatoes and fried okra from the garden.

I will start a new thread later with comments, recipes & pictures of the finished dishes.

Make sure you do (if you haven't already). I might try the seafood stew. It has a nice sound to it..... seafood stew..... mmmm

I'm not cooking tonight so I'm not sure of the name of the dish.

It is a tex-mex pot pit with shredded chicken, salsa, mexi-corn, cheddar cheese, I think sour cream, and not sure what else as I am staying out of the kitchen and relaxing as ordered.

{although I did peek in while feeding the dogs} :angel:

Dinner arrived about noon today via a wonderful lady from our church. It is curried chicken which I just have to heat, make brown rice and pour the salad in a bowl.

I found some Italian seasoned ground turkey in the freezer.
Since it's hot outside, don't want anything too heavy.
I'll dress it up with other spices, lots of bell peppers that in my house are called jalepeno's cause that's what my jals taste like, onions and garlic too, and at the very end, since I have so much coffee cream, I'm thinking of adding that to cream it up a bit....... hum... Maybe even make a tur-wich out of it. I have Moomie buns in the freezer that I can put it on, and tons of greens. A simple salad should finish, maybe some chicken pilaf too. Yep, that's the plan..
I made that raspberry jello/whipped topping/cottage cheese/sour cream/ cream cheese dessert that will finish our meal.

Back
Top Bottom