Blue Monday Dinner..9/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Not Blue, but Brown Monday ;
Buffalo Wings, Kidney Beans with Onion in a Chipotle Sauce, Diced Potatoes, Cucumber & Sweet Pepper 'Salad'....

Buffalo Wings, Kidneys.jpg

Leftover eggplant parmesan and spaghetti. Still yummy!

It is getting to be soup weather around here! I love soups: Chili, Ham n bean, any soups!

Last edited:
We had chicken cordon blue..I was supposed to make it last night but we had the neghbors over to help do some work and only two chicken breasts so we had something else..ate it on mustard sauce with egg noodles...

Tonight's dinner was grilled chipotle marinated pork chop, Spanish rice and peas.

Attachments

• EB61AA44-2E96-485F-AA65-6B5D88BB1A8A_1_105_c.jpg
    EB61AA44-2E96-485F-AA65-6B5D88BB1A8A_1_105_c.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 76
We finished off the leftover Indian food. Well, there is a small amount of the lamb chetinad that I will probably finish later tonight. I served it with brown basmati rice that I pulled out of the freezer. That is such delicious food.

WOW!
Everything looks and sounds fabulous!

CG, if I could, may I please have your Mom's recipe for Bean & Ham Soup? You read my mind, I've had a hankerin' for that!

Andy, did you Sous Vide the Pork Chops and then sear them on the grill? They look scrumptious!

IMG_6378.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

Speaking of hankerin' ...
DH wanted Pasta for dinner this evening,
so I did Shrimp Scampi for moi and
Mussels in Marinara for him,
both over Spaghetti with Trader Joe's Ciabatta for dunkin'
*belch*
:blush:
That was delicious!

Our local Sprouts Farmer's Market has had Shrimp from the Sea of Cortez, 16/20 count, on sale for $8.99/pound for several weeks now and they are divine!

I found Oyster Bay frozen fully cooked Mussels for DH and he said that " ... they were okay, but can't we have the New Zealand Green Lip Mussels?"
Well, dear heart, that means you need to take me to Las Vegas or California to get more! I can't get those up here in Cowboyville :LOL:

I poached then chilled wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, and served it with a lemon Dill mayonnaise.

Attachments

• 20200921_185414.jpg
    20200921_185414.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 74
We had the really good Mexican casserole from last night, and sliced tomatoes warm from the garden, garnished with Catalina dressing, pepitos and lots of black pepper.

Yummm

WOW!
Everything looks and sounds fabulous!

CG, if I could, may I please have your Mom's recipe for Bean & Ham Soup? You read my mind, I've had a hankerin' for that!...
Thanks, K-Girl. Your shrimp looks good, too. I just might be changing my menu for Tuesday's supper.

Here's the link to the original Mom's Ham and Bean Soup recipe. If you plan on reading all the way through the thread, you can start there. Includes posts by members who no longer come around...I wonder how di reston is doing. Anyway, I suggest you pay attention to Post #22. That's my updated notes on how I've short-cutted the process over the years. Tastes just as good with a little less work. Tell your DH I will not accept an "I don't like it" (whiney voiced) unless he tries a spoon full if you make it. ;) :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom