Breakfast for lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdiprincess

Senior Cook
my sister moved to Canada and after 2 years she can come home!
I'm making lunch tomorrow. I have eggs bacon and potatoes.

Some cheese... Onion garlic.
Any ideas????

What should I add?
A different way for eggs than just scrambled?
And should I serve dessert or no... Maybe grab some fruit?
Thanks for the brain storming!

For lack of a better word, what about a frittata-type dish.

Cut the bacon in 1" pieces and brown and remove. Cook cubed potatoes and onions until caramelized and done. Once done add back the bacon. Layer evenly in skillet and pour eggs over potatoes. Be sure and salt and pepper the potatoes as they cook! Lift the sides of the potatoes to drain uncooked egg to edge (slant pan also). When you feel the bottom is done place plate on top, flip over, slide uncooked side back into pan to finish cooking.

hmm... The quiche idea sounds good... So does the fritata too. I think I'll do the quiche another time. I just don't have the time to do the pastry (and I dont do store bought)
Although I think I'll put the bacon, sausage, cheese, onions. And then do potatoes on the side. And then the fruit platter.
This is why I love dc! I can put down my ideas and brainstorm and get new ideas!
Thanks

You might be missing out..... Cutting up those potatoes into 1/2" cubes and mixing in with the rest tastes great!
Maybe add a dash of something hot as it's cooking :) That's a taste I usually prefer brunch style.

Frittata was my immediate thought but then after reading the posts, I would suggest just cooking the sausages and serving them with potatoes au gratin but with bacon thru the potatoes. A fresh fruit platter to finish off sounds brilliant too.

so I think I'm totally scrapping the fritata idea...
I'm gonna do eggs sausage bacon potatoes and toast

For the potatoes ill season with salt, pepper, garlic and dill weed

Dessert fruit a dip I came up with (cool whip, strawberry jelly lemon juice and honey)
some wafer cookies and cin rolls for dessert
thanks for the ideas, ill keep them in mind for next time...

If it isn't too late for more suggestions...

I am leaning toward quiche as well - you can toss just about anything into a quiche - veggies - broc/asparagus - assorted cheese - seafood crab/shrimp -serve with french onion or tomato soup, Spinach salad, fruit salad (Mimosas or Bloody Marys w a stick of celery & dash of Tabasco).

Tortilla Espanola -spanish omlette with potatoes
i.e. Spanish Potato Tortilla (Tortilla Española) - Fine Cooking

Cheese souffle

Strata

Eggs Benedict

Grand Marnier Stuffed french toast

Crepes (Suzette)

Last edited:
mmm everything sounded good. I think I will do a quiche dinner soon. I ended up doing eggs sausage bacon home fries and toast. And then I did a fruit platter with a dip I made.
It was easy, everyone loved it. And I was able to spend more time with my sister.
Thanks again for the suggestions. I will definitely do a quiche next time though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom