Breakfast Friday,March 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe how many people don't understand basted eggs, thats the kind my Mom always made ( Me too). But w/ sweets, don't know if I could handle that one, just give me toast! lol

Caine said:
I just discovered that Cocos has a breakfast plate with three strawberry cream cheese blintzes and three eggs. I made the mistake of ordering my usual basted eggs (and again, for the third time this year, I had to explain to a "chef" how to baste eggs!) when I should have ordered scrambled. On reflection, dipping strawberry cream cheese blintzes into a soft yoke wasn't all that appetizing.

Kadesma, if you want to try something completely decadent, and you can find a Carrows restaurant in your area, order their Monte Cristo for breakfast!
Caine,
this was a first for me..I never cared for pancakes, would only have a waffle once a year maybe, but those crepes this morning were really lovley I've had blintzes and enjoy them..I've never had a Monte Cristo, but heard it's really good. We are going to be in Sacramento someitme soon and they do have Carrows there so will try and stop by and try one.

kadesma:)

You baste your fried egg with the bacon grease in the pan , flipping the grease up and over the top with a spatula till it's done to your liking. This way you don't flip the egg over.

If you are cooking your eggs in a pan, you simply put a lid on it until the top of the egg is cooked and you have a white film over your yokes, but the yokes are still liquid. If you're using a griddle, you put a pie tin over the eggs to get the same effect. It's just a matter of timing, so you don't over cook the yokes.

Back
Top Bottom