Breakfast Friday,March 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
23rd of march is a holiday here.So we got up late and i made pancakes,scrambled eggs with lots of sausage,green onions,white onions and cheddar,and we had some fresh pineapple.

breakfast in the works for the kids,DH and daughter, sausage links,biscuits,gravy, scrambled eggs with cheese, diced onions, tomatoes, and crispy hash browns, and some cut up strawberries,pineapple, melon and banana.

kadesma:)

My normal weekday breakfast is 5 spoonsful of Ovaltine in 11 ounces of milk, but I usually go nuts on Sunday and make myself brunch so I only have to cook 2 meals instead of 3. Last Sunday was huevos rancheros, and the Sunday before was Monte Cristos, so I'm thinking 'ho' cakes this Sunday with Farmer John sausages, bacon, and eggs, or maybe I'll make some strawberry cream cheese blintzes. I do, after all, I live in the strawberry capital of the world, and our strawberrys are at the peak of the season right now.

It's not a holiday here, but I love breakfast threads, one of my favorite meals of the day. Where are you from? I eat all sorts of things for breakfast, mostly eggs, or leftovers from the night before. :LOL:

mudbug said:
Hi, sarah. where's "here"?
Krispy Kreme donuts at the office this morning.

hey mudbug! how r u?
"here" is Pakistan.i miss krispy kreme from US a lot,we have dunkin donuts here but not krispy kreme yet,hopefully in future!!!

amber said:
It's not a holiday here, but I love breakfast threads, one of my favorite meals of the day. Where are you from? I eat all sorts of things for breakfast, mostly eggs, or leftovers from the night before. :LOL:

Hi Amber!I'm from Pakistan and 23rd March is our national holiday.My husband is a doc,so he usually works on holidays too,but yesterday even he didnt have to go,so we had fun,left home after breakfast and didnt get back until late in the evening and then went out for dinner again.Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day too,and i make all sorts of different pakistani flat fried breads that are called parathas,and eggs etc,but i love american breakfast items just as much.Banana pancakes with lots of butter and syrup are my ultimate favorite.:)

Did you say parathas, Sarah?? Yum!! Especially with a light fish or vegetable curry.

Breakfast today is oat porridge flavored with Ovaltine.

Krispy Kremes must be losing their appeal around here, or people are realizing that they aren't all that healthy. When ours originally opened about 3 years ago, there was a line of cars literally around the block, waiting at the drive through. I went by thre yesterday and it's closed and boarded up, and there's a big sign proclaiming it is the future site of a Chick-Fil-A.

After looking at the Chick-Fil-A menu and nutritional information, I think we might have been better off with Krispy Kreme! :sick:

Last edited:
boufa06 said:
Did you say parathas, Sarah?? Yum!! Especially with a light fish or vegetable curry.

Breakfast today is oat porridge flavored with Ovaltine.

how about crispy parathas with potatoe bhaji?:chef:

Caine said:
Krispy Kremes must be losing their appeal around here, or people are realizing that they aren't all that healthy. When ours originally opened about 3 years ago, there was a line of cars literally around the block, waiting at the drive through. I went by thre yesterday and it's closed and boarded up, and there's a big sign proclaiming it is the future site of a Chick-Fil-A.

After looking at the Chick-Fil-A menu and nutritional information, I think we might have been better off with Krispy Kreme! :sick:

well i know they are far from healthy,but still so yummy.:) you can have some every once in a while.

sarah said:
you can have some every once in a while.

No, I can't. They are so light and airy, I'd forget they're mostly sugar, and I would end up eating a whole dozen by myself before I realized what I was doing!

Everyone's breakfasts sound so yummy! My usual breakfast is 2 cups of coffee and my Rx's :rolleyes: I'm very rarely hungry at breakfast time though I know we are supposed to eat it! I need to get in the habit of making some oatmeal.

Sarah - I'm glad you got to spend that time with your hubby! That is reason enough to sit down to breakfast! I'm more inclined to make breakfast on Sunday morning - and then it's some sort of HUGE type omelette or frittata with everything in it but the kitchen sink!

All 4 kids and moms here as well as DH so breakfast was a small circus, juice, fresh strawberries, french toast, sausage and bacon and milk or coffee...I had coffee and rx's. Then held a crabby Livi as she drank her smoothie, she refuses to eat because her little mouth is sore from two new bi-cuspids coming in, which has given her a slight temp and a runny nose.So, that was breakfast, heaven help us lunch is on the way and I have no clue at the moment:LOL:

kadesma

kitchenelf said:
Everyone's breakfasts sound so yummy! My usual breakfast is 2 cups of coffee and my Rx's :rolleyes: I'm very rarely hungry at breakfast time though I know we are supposed to eat it! I need to get in the habit of making some oatmeal.

Sarah - I'm glad you got to spend that time with your hubby! That is reason enough to sit down to breakfast! I'm more inclined to make breakfast on Sunday morning - and then it's some sort of HUGE type omelette or frittata with everything in it but the kitchen sink!

u know my usual breakfast is some whole grain bread,a boiled egg and a glass of milk,or just whole grain cereal,but when its a holiday,or on sundays,i sit on the breakfast table with a vengeance:rolleyes:

Breakfast today was wonderful..We've been making a date each sunday morning just the two of us, we eat, talk, relax, enjoy several cups of great coffee and just don't hurry:LOL: Today, I tried something i've had as a dessert and even made myself for desserts but never for breakfast..I ordered crepes...They were light as a feather, lightly lemon flavored, with powdered sugar and this fantastic cold straberry syrup to go with them. To be honest, they didn't even need the syrup..I'm usually a bacon,eggs,potatoe person on sundays, but these crepes were a true delight..I can hardly wait til next sunday:LOL: The best part of all? I didn't have to make them!!!

kadesma

kadesma said:
Breakfast today was wonderful..We've been making a date each sunday morning just the two of us, we eat, talk, relax, enjoy several cups of great coffee and just don't hurry:LOL: Today, I tried something i've had as a dessert and even made myself for desserts but never for breakfast..I ordered crepes...They were light as a feather, lightly lemon flavored, with powdered sugar and this fantastic cold straberry syrup to go with them. To be honest, they didn't even need the syrup..I'm usually a bacon,eggs,potatoe person on sundays, but these crepes were a true delight..I can hardly wait til next sunday:LOL: The best part of all? I didn't have to make them!!!

kadesma

I just discovered that Cocos has a breakfast plate with three strawberry cream cheese blintzes and three eggs. I made the mistake of ordering my usual basted eggs (and again, for the third time this year, I had to explain to a "chef" how to baste eggs!) when I should have ordered scrambled. On reflection, dipping strawberry cream cheese blintzes into a soft yoke wasn't all that appetizing.

Kadesma, if you want to try something completely decadent, and you can find a Carrows restaurant in your area, order their Monte Cristo for breakfast!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom