Breakfast This Morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraidKnot

Washing Up
Could be for dinner since I like a traditional breakfast any time of the day :) But this is what I'm doing right now.

I'm baking an entire package of bacon (12 oz.) on a slotted broiler pan (to catch the grease). 400F for 10-15 minutes or so. This is my preferred method of cooking bacon. It comes out perfectly flat (don't you hate fighting with bacon in a frying pan when it's trying it's darndest to curl up?) and nicely crisped. And the drippings are easy to pour out of the broiler pan to your empty coffee-can or whatever you use to store/dispose of the grease in. Drain the bacon on brown paper or paper towels.

[No, I'm not going to eat all that bacon at once (but I do love bacon!). I'm going to make some lentil soup either this afternoon or tomorrow and I'll set aside about 4-5 strips to add to that. I'm sure I'll munch on the remaining bacon throughout the afternoon!]

Anyway, a couple tablespoonfuls of the bacon grease will go into my trusty skillet. I've diced a small white potato with 1/4 small onion and tossed in a little pepper. Home fries!

Remove the home fries to a plate; add a little more bacon grease to the skillet as needed, then it's two eggs over-easy.
So, home fries, 2 eggs and 4 strips of bacon - that's breakfast this morning :chef: Not exactly healthy with all the bacon grease but I don't eat like this very often.

Fraidy

Last edited:
I made a couple strips of turkey bacon
2 eggs scrambled with some melted cheese
And then I made that into a sandwich by placing it
between 2 pieces of tomato basil bread.

7.00 am = Porridge, made with proper oats, not rolled oats, a little milk and sprinkled with salt. Earl Grey tea.
Keeps me going until lunch-time.

A huge cup of earl grey, and a hefty slice of pandoro... ubiquitous Italian Christmas cake which start being sold around October, along with another version panettone. Yes I must confess it is store bought, their raising procedure is very delicate and complicated, it is very difficult to produce them at home.

pandoro.jpg
<<< this is pandoro!

A whole grain english muffin, a tangerine followed by choclate peanuts at my desk at work.

goboenomo said:
I had nothing for breakfast, as usual.
Didn't know you skip breakfast, young man!

I had a cup of Ovaltine (malt chocolate drink) and a few pieces of Greek toasted bread.

boufa06 said:
Didn't know you skip breakfast, young man!

heheh, yeah, about that... ummm....err.. I don't get up out of bed until it's time for me to leave for school. :D

Michelemarie, creme brulee creamer? Brand name please? I haven't seen that here so I may have to get my sister to bring some when she comes to visit.

Last edited:
Two really milky coffees. Followed an hour or so later by Swiss muesli with yoghurt rather than milk. And an hour or so after that, an apple.

Alix, Carnation coffee-mate by Nestle is a non-dairy powdered creamer. The powdered form is packaged in a box or sachets and has been around in Asia for a very long time. You should be able to get it in the U.S. or for that matter in your area. I have yet to see the liquid version.

Back
Top Bottom