Butter - Is it just me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kats

Assistant Cook
Is it just me or everyone thinks that the more butter you put in a recipe, the better it tastes?

(Almost off the topic, but how can someone fit summer bikinis in these conditions????)

Not only you. Butter keeps very well flavors :in_love:

I've just made tonight a bearnaise sauce. So yummy :) An incredible amount of butter , fortunatly, not every day :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure because I don't bake much, but I know the taste of a grilled cheese is 40% what cheese you use and 60% how much butter you use. It just tastes so darn good! And if you're going to use a fat, I think we can agree its the best tasting (except a good Olive Oil in some rare situation).

kats said:
Is it just me or everyone thinks that the more butter you put in a recipe, the better it tastes?

(Almost off the topic, but how can someone fit summer bikinis in these conditions????)
You'd love Paula Deen's recipes.

vb, you've only been here a few weeks, but i keep finding things you post that are my sentiments, almost my words exactly. many times i have said that bread is the vehicle for butter, as pancakes are merely the vehicle for butter and syrup. (until i made gw's pancakes. now, at least, i'm driving a lamborghini).

it must be the water here in boigen county.

Corinne said:
When no one is looking, I will eat butter straight - no bread! :devilish:

Butter is among top of the list of things I would just go no holds barred IF the foods you eat would have no effect on your health and fitness...

And I would be doing the same thing as Corinne quite regularly!!:ROFLMAO:

buckytom said:
vb, you've only been here a few weeks, but i keep finding things you post that are my sentiments, almost my words exactly. many times i have said that bread is the vehicle for butter, as pancakes are merely the vehicle for butter and syrup. (until i made gw's pancakes. now, at least, i'm driving a lamborghini).

it must be the water here in boigen county.

I think you are the child my mother never had...

I remember my niece's first reaction to butter. She was then 3 or 4 years old. She gave it a tentative lick at first, then another. You could see she had an epiphany right there and then. It was probably the finest, most subtly delicious taste she ever had in her short life. She kept asking for more, wanting to slather it thickly on her bread... :-D We also had to tell her it's not supposed to be eaten like cheese ...

Oh yes, Paula Deen. Love her stuff.

I was invited to spend Christmas with a friend [a chef] and her family. I decided I was going to make a White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. I knew I had made this before, so didn't think a thing about it. As I was putting everything together, something was disturbing me, but I couldn't figure out what it was....When I took it out of the oven, I realized what it was as the butter ran down onto the pot holders...the recipe called for twice as much butter and a normal one...the same thing that was wrong when I originally cooked it:mad: :LOL: I hadn't changed the recipe.

Not always.
Once I can clearly taste the butter, unless its a butter cookie, I feel it's too much. But it seems like that might just be me.
Though there is a whole stick of butter in the plum tart I'm making right now.

But I'll take butter over margarine anyday. I can not imagine smothering anything in margarine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom