Butter or Margarine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
So what is it guys. What do you like better Butter or Margarine.

Im a butter dude all the way!!:mad:

No margarine. Ever It's nasty stuff. If I'm cooking Kosher, I use vegetable oils, and choose "other" dishes that don't need butter.

Butter for me

Margarine for the wife

When I cook I have to sneek in the butter so she doesnt complain. hehe Otherwise she cant tell the difference.

Absolutely no margarine. Butter tastes better and is MUCH better for you.

Remember, just because something is lower in fat, does not mean it's better for you.

We like butter most of the time, but I do keep a container of "tub butter" (soft-spread margarine) on hand for buttering toast, bread, or baked potatoes.

i love butter on saltine crackers, then add a lil raspberry jam on top. perfect snack

I always use butter. Butter is a wonderful thing. I particularly like European butters.

Margerines are foul and bad for you.

I do cook for a dairy-allergic person and use margerine once in awhile, though. Lately I've switched to organic vegan Smart Balance which tastes 1000 times better than regular smartbalance.

Butter, the whole butter, and nothing but the butter. Margarine is for Great Depression and World War II era survivors.

:)I threw out all my margerine a while back as its pure transfat.I like butter and for other things I realyl like the Smart Balance it tastes really good and its good for you.

:)The Smart Balance is a spread like margerine but helps reduce cholesteral no trans fat and it has a great butter flavor.

Butter all the way, when I'm not using olive oil. I don't even buy margarine anymore, which disappoints my stepfather. I guess I could buy a small tub for him, since it lasts forever ;)

Most definitely butter. I tried Smart Balance. James thought it was okay, but to me it didn't really taste like anything, and it just felt greasy in my mouth. I try not to eat it too often, but I love butter!

:)Barbara

Butter. More versatile and useful.

Plus with the transfats in margarine you may as well use shortening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom