Can You Believe It's Already January 10, 2015? What's to Eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm still trying to free up freezer space for the turkey, so hauled out a little pork loin roast and a bag o' ham pieces. They're in the CP. Have a hankering for pulled pork.

What's on your table?

Seeing as how there are football play off games this afternoon and tonight, I'm going to order a pizza to pick up during half-time of the first game ( New England vs Baltimore). I bet there will be several DCer's watching this game.

I'll put something in the oven that doesn't need close supervision for tomorrow's games.

With some roast pork leftover from the other night, we'll be having Cuban sandwiches for dinner tonight along with chips and beer.

Making up some beef and chicken taquitos & burritos.
Might as well,made hubby enchiladas for his lunch today.Scoring points here!:D
Sauce is simmering now.Made a fresh batch or tortilla chips and salsa.The house smells like a Mexican restaurant.

The idea is to freeze them.Doubt they will see a tomorrow. :ohmy::pig:

Tonight it's green eggs and ham! Thank you! Thank you, Sam-I-am!

Ham from Christmas, a couple scrambled eggs with a dab of frozen parsley pesto and some additional grated cheese tossed in.

It's amazing what you can find when it's cold outside and you are too lazy to get dressed and go to the store! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:LOL: Sounds good to me, Aunt Bea!

Cloudy and dreary day today. Soup sounds good, so I'm making a pot of Zuppa Toscana, with roasted sweet potatoes on the side. Just starting the prep work.

Seeing we had a late, large breakfast (chile cheese hashed browns with fried egg) we will only have two meals today. Supper was some really nice sub buns, sliced tomato and avocado, sliced smoked turkey, BACON and mayo.

made burgers for the kids for lunch {had to feed 7 teenagers today}, now I have bacon and cheese pizza in the oven and a triple braid loaf of bread. Me an my wife are having vegan french onion soup {a friend of mine that I swap dishes with brought it over} and hot bread, the kids are having pizza. My oldest had friends over today so my youngest is having a mini sleep over with 3 of his friends, so between my two boys, my oldests girlfriend, and the 3 extras I have tonight, 2-16" thick crusts will be gone in 20 minutes...

I had a tasty side-dish of halved red peppers, with tomatoes and garlic, baked alongside a bought deluxe lasagna and lightly steamed cauliflower.

made burgers for the kids for lunch {had to feed 7 teenagers today}, now I have bacon and cheese pizza in the oven and a triple braid loaf of bread. Me an my wife are having vegan french onion soup {a friend of mine that I swap dishes with brought it over} and hot bread, the kids are having pizza. My oldest had friends over today so my youngest is having a mini sleep over with 3 of his friends, so between my two boys, my oldests girlfriend, and the 3 extras I have tonight, 2-16" thick crusts will be gone in 20 minutes...

Amazing!!! Those are some lucky kids!! I hope they appreciate you. :chef:

I baked tilapia and made Andy's rice pilaf. Also steamed some broccoli. It was pretty good. I didn't realize I had used my last container of chicken broth on the ham and beans. Fortunately, I had a container of chicken base that I could make up some broth. It was the first time I'd used the base. I thought it was very flavorful and easy to mix up.

Amazing!!! Those are some lucky kids!! I hope they appreciate you. :chef:

They actually helped me make everything tonight, I ended up making 2 triple braids, I rolled the 6 logs and my son and his girlfriend braided them, they didn't do too bad, my other son and his friends put the sauce, chz, and toppings on the pizza...

We actually had left overs tonight!!! Normally that is un heard of but from 2 16" pizzas this is left, and an entire loaf of bread, that I my sons girlfriend is going to take home for her parents, she is very proud of her braiding...
img_1405932_0_fcd70fa13972d411f97983b4a75c9838.jpg

Last edited:
Cloudy and dreary day today. Soup sounds good, so I'm making a pot of Zuppa Toscana, with roasted sweet potatoes on the side. Just starting the prep work.

Yum! Going to have to make this again. :yum:

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
That Zuppa Toscana looks really good. I have some kale in a window box and fingerlings sprouting...I think I have one dinner for next week figured out.

Slow roasted lamb shoulder about to come out of the oven, along with some roasted potatoes from our favorite Mediterranean restaurant that I'm trying to duplicate...Potatoes (fingerlings) tossed with lemon juice, olive oil (using some rosemary infused OO my sis sent for Christmas), garlic, S&P and a little sumac. Kale, mustard and arugula salad our of the green house, dressed with more rosemary oil and white balsamic vinegar.

Last edited:
Thanks all! It was sooo good. Can't wait to have the leftovers tomorrow. :yum: I'll post the recipe I used in the soup section. :)

Back
Top Bottom