Canadian-American Chains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep that is the one college cook. Here is the recipe...

1 1/2 lb Spicy sausage links
3/4 c Diced onions
6 Slices bacon, diced
1 1/4 ts Minced garlic
2 tb Chicken base
1 qt Water
2 Medium potatoes, cut in half lengthwise then cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 c Kale leaves, cut in half, sliced
1/3 c Heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 300F
1.Place sausage links onto a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until done; cut into half lengthwise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices.
2.Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute.
3.Add chicken base, water and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes. Add sausage, kale and cream. Simmer 4 minutes and serve.

My favorite chain is Saint-Hubert, but as far as I know they're only in Quebec. Their specialty is chicken, and every dish is always perfect. They sit you in front of coleslaw while you wait for your meal, and it's usually there by the time you're done eating the coleslaw. They are reasonably priced, have great service, great beers, and yummy desserts. I wish they had Saint-Hubert in Florida...

biev, are you originally from Quebec? And I used to get a friend who lived in Montreal to send us the St Huberts spice for chicken. It was to die for on the BBQ.

Yes, born and raised. I haven't been living in Florida very long. My brother still brings me st-hubert bbq and poutine sauce packets whenever he visits :)

Biev- What's in the poutine sauce packets you are getting? Poutine is just fries, gravy and cheese curd, isn't it? I imagine you could make it without the packets....?

Well, it doesn't work with just any gravy. But you're in canada, so you know what it looks like... And man, I miss cheese curd... We can't find it down here!

Let's see. I'll probably be leaving some out, but the ones that come to mind that we have around here are:

Pizzeria Uno
Domino's
Pizza Hut
Osaka
Top's China
Applebee's
Chili's
Ruby Tuesday's
TGIFriday's
Long John Silver
Kentucky Fried Chicken
McDonalds
Burger King
Wendy's
Outback Steakhouse
IHOP (International House of Pancakes)
Friendly's

Like I said, I'm sure there are others, but the above are the most prominent.

biev said:
Yes, born and raised. I haven't been living in Florida very long. My brother still brings me st-hubert bbq and poutine sauce packets whenever he visits :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm poutine! Quebec's contribution to the hardening of the arteries. Love that stuff.

buckytom said:
there isn't a canadian restaurant in nyc. i know, this thread is aboot chains, eh? but i've bragged aboot new york having a restaurant from every country in the world. i could be wrong.... nah. just gotta look more.

That's onacounta there are only so many people who will pay to eat poutine or ketchup-flavored potato chips. :ROFLMAO:

Did anyone say Papa Johns, :ohmy: DQ, Becks Shrimp House "CALIBASH Shrimp"! Capt. D's , MAIDRITES , CANTEENS, Taco Bell, MIDEVIL TIMES :w00t2: ! HARDROCK CAFE ! PLANET HOLLYWOOD ! Sagebrush,O'Charlies and Barbara's Favorite "K&W's " just ask her about it !

Attachments

• quote_our_name.gif
    quote_our_name.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 81_1.jpeg
    81_1.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
phinz said:
That's onacounta there are only so many people who will pay to eat poutine or ketchup-flavored potato chips. :ROFLMAO:

I think you have to be under 16 to actually consider eating ketchup chips. GAK! However...don't knock poutine until you wrap your lips around some of that deepfried potato goodness smothered with cheese and gravy....GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!*Alix drools a la Homer*

Alix said:
I think you have to be under 16 to actually consider eating ketchup chips. GAK! However...don't knock poutine until you wrap your lips around some of that deepfried potato goodness smothered with cheese and gravy....GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!*Alix drools a la Homer*

Don't worry, I'm charging the defibrillator as she speaks.....

Dang it people do NOT karma Ken. You have no idea how unbearable to live with that will make him. Seriously.

phinz said:

That's very Québecquois(e) - the extra e at the end is to include the yin aspect of humanity. Putine is very regional, I'm not sure about potato chips that have a ketchup flavor, althouth I always love french fries with too much ketchup... :)

We have TGIFriday's in Vancouver, we've also recently picked up an Applebee's. Red Robin is big out here. You guys probably don't have White Spot, but man, they have some good burgers. Of course there's Boston Pizza, but only one Olive Garden anywhere close. Moxie's, Cactus Club, and Earl's are all pretty local, I think...at least they started out here (I think). The Keg is sort of the steakhouse of choice. Someone earlier mentioned Joey's - delicious - except in my neck of the woods it's Joey's Mediterranean Grill. No Red Lobster here, though.

Not much else that I can think of off the top of my head...there are lots out there, though.

Well, ketchup chips don't actually taste like ketchup :) I think they're mostly named that because the seasoning is red. It's sweet and spicy, and gives you red fingers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom