Christmas Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our prime rib turned out perfect- delishhhh ! so was everyting else, nice dat w/grandsons - but just before they left- 2yr. old got sick -:sick:, poor little guy! YT, sorry about your dinner ! I like all vrg's soft, just start DW earlier than yours ! ;)

Our dinner turned out wonderful even though I did not get but a little taste of the prime rib. Our oldest daughter showed up as a surprise and it made me feel so good to watch her chow down!! She asked if I could send a plate home with her for her SO; I made a plate for both of them to eat later together. Since we had not expected to have anyone come, I had only made just enough to fill her request. I usually fill up on the smell of food cooking and can't eat right then anyway. It was so worth it to see her eyes light up when she saw the big plate of food for her to take home!!!!!!!!!!!! I get much more joy cooking for others!!

Shunka said:
Our dinner turned out wonderful even though I did not get but a little taste of the prime rib. Our oldest daughter showed up as a surprise and it made me feel so good to watch her chow down!! She asked if I could send a plate home with her for her SO; I made a plate for both of them to eat later together. Since we had not expected to have anyone come, I had only made just enough to fill her request. I usually fill up on the smell of food cooking and can't eat right then anyway. It was so worth it to see her eyes light up when she saw the big plate of food for her to take home!!!!!!!!!!!! I get much more joy cooking for others!!
I have done as you many times -guess it's a Mom thing !

Yup, got to be a Mom thing!! LOL!! I also went through all my cupboards and the giant chest freezer for stuff to send home with her. I do that with the other daughter too; good thing they all love my cooking!!

Shunka said:
Yup, got to be a Mom thing!! LOL!! I also went through all my cupboards and the giant chest freezer for stuff to send home with her. I do that with the other daughter too; good thing they all love my cooking!!
Way to go Mom;) It has to be a mom thing, that urge to feed them, hug them, kiss them til they hollar stop:LOL: Then you run and get as big a bag or box as you can find and stuff it full of goodies for them to have later..I do the same thing..Just can't help myself. I love the look on their faces as they take a gander at the things to go.
kadesma;)

YT2095 said:
...the Sprouts were perfect too, but the wife complained (as usual) coz she likes them Mushy and I don`t, we have that particular arg every year anyway.
Unless you just enjoy the argument (some do!) why not make some of them perfect for you and some of them perfect (mushy) for your wife? :cool:

:) Barbara

I did our dinner at our sons house in Vegas.
He wanted a turkey but had not picked one up Christmas Eve.
He did have a giant pork tenderloin in his freezer.
Baked that, mashed pots, gravy, broccoli, applesauce, yams, garlic bread, stuffing, cherry jello with marshmallows, dutch apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Lot's of wine sans for me, diet dr. pepper berries and cream.

My sister-in-law doesn't like traditional Christmas fare so we have a bunch of different things. I made a Boston butt - I couldn't smoke it due to the weather so I just cooked it low and slow in the oven. I started Christmas Eve afternoon hoping it would be done for some nibbling Christmas Eve - but alas - it wasn't done until 10:00 AM on Christmas morning :ohmy: IT TOOK 20 HOURS TO COOK! But let me tell you it was like butter!!!!!!!!!!!! Made some slaw and some homemade "cidery" thin bbq sauce. Needless to say - we're having left-overs!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom