Christmas Eve dinner 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Ready or not....Santa's Back!!

Just the two of us tonight but I have a small prime rib in the oven, with the "no peeky" method. We'll have veggies saute' with duck fat, and some dressing frozen from Thanksgiving.
Merry Christmas to all!!

img_1448407_0_bf004119ce3523707835a520866d5a53.gif

Lovely GIF Kayelle! Tomorrow night is roast beef and king crab at my brothers house. Tonight I might break out the Presto Fry Daddy and fry up some chicken drumettes and fries and watch NFL football.

Mmm...sounds delicious, Kay.

Pork tamales here this evening! :yum: Wrapped in corn husks and freshly made by some of our very talented local Latino ladies.

Have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas eve, all!

Last edited:
Lovely suggested take-out Chinese and Himself did the food run. I so appreciated that because I spent the better part of the day making sauce and assembling lasagna for Christmas dinner. Now on to midnight Mass later, unless Himself can find one that starts earlier. ~ Hoping your Christmas eve is calm, and that you have clear sky to see the near-full moon tonight.

Lovely suggested take-out Chinese and Himself did the food run. I so appreciated that because I spent the better part of the day making sauce and assembling lasagna for Christmas dinner. Now on to midnight Mass later, unless Himself can find one that starts earlier. ~ Hoping your Christmas eve is calm, and that you have clear sky to see the near-full moon tonight.

It is indeed a beautiful moon this evening! I can see it in the eastern sky while sitting here at the dining room table. Gorgeous.

Glad you're having a nice time with family CG, and that you got a break from kitchen duties this evening! :)

TB's parents took us out for lunch at an Asian restaurant we all love halfway between where we both live. It was great food, great conversation and a very fine time.

I am not hungry now, so just had some chocolate frozen yogurt with a virgin egg nog chaser....well it is Christmas Eve after all! :angel:

Our rendition of the Seven Fishes:
013.JPG
(from left to right)
Cucumber Maki Sushi (not a fish, but it goes so nicely)

Ahi Shoyu Poke
Lomi Lomi Salmon
Imitation Krab Cocktail
Smoked Trout Crostata (DH ATTACKED that before we sat down...)
Limu Ahi Poke
Shrimp Cocktail
Anchovy Mini Pizza

What a feast! We're both STUFFED!

Dessert was TJ's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's

...and to bed early tonight, because Santa is coming!

We went to my mom's house and had a bunch of appetizers - a nice, relaxing meal. A couple of the items I made were hummus with roasted red peppers and spinach & artichoke dip. I also made the rye bread on the left and pita chips sprinkled with Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning. There were a few other goodies. All in all, a nice afternoon.

Attachments

• 1451023184569.jpg
    1451023184569.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 1451023200575.jpg
    1451023200575.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 195
We've had astonishingly warm weather - in the low 50's!! Fogged in, though, or it would have been even warmer. Had one of my wife's favorite dinners - marinated steak tips on the grill, with baked sweet potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts.

Simple dinner last night. Baked chicken topped with swiss cheese slices, sauce of cream of mushroom soup and white wine, topped with crushed bagged stuffing mix, drizzled with a bit of butter. Served over noodles. Side of green beans.

I wrapped presents yesterday. G-daughters are getting older and wanting more expensive things now (like big $ electronics and jewelry) so actual number of presents are quite diminished this year for both of them. So to make up for that, I fiendishly decided to do the boxes within boxes for their presents. Thought I was never going to get finished wrapping. Think I actually made it worse on myself.

A friend invited me for prime rib. We did the put in the oven at 500 trick. We decided to use the drippings in the mashed potatoes. Despite that they were brown, they tasted just like roast beef. Definitely will do that again.

We had our usual 'platter'. Pretty much all the 'nibbles' you can think of.
We have been 'binge watching' 'Making a Murderer' on Netflix.
Last episode last night. Don't watch it if you're not in a good space.

Back
Top Bottom